Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Out and about in "Frankenstorm"

borderlight
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Out and about in "Frankenstorm"

Any of you east coasters planning to shoot in the hurricane?

BTW: The aftermath doesn't count.

Oct 28, 2012 at 03:33 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Out and about in "Frankenstorm"

I'm heading out in a few to the Schuylkill River to catch some of the Head of Schuylkill Regatta. Not much goin' on here in Philly besides some breeze and intermittent rain.

Oct 28, 2012 at 04:02 PM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Out and about in "Frankenstorm"

Not much goin' on here in Philly besides some breeze and intermittent rain.

"Nutter" happening here either... YET. Philadelphia is already in a state of emergency, but after the Eagles/Falcons game, soon after the electric goes out tonight, that's the challenge. It's around the time that TV weather crews try to secure a wet and windswept beach in a seaside ghost town while holding onto a stop sign for fear of blowing away. Under those adverse conditions the real photojournalist wannabes shine. God bless you brave idiots!

Oct 28, 2012 at 04:37 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Out and about in "Frankenstorm"

The only thing the hurricane did for South Florida was leaving some nice weather. Its gonna be chilly over the next few days!

Oct 28, 2012 at 06:54 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Out and about in "Frankenstorm"

It's really a bad idea to be out in a disaster for any purpose unless it is an emergency or you are on the job. Plenty of idiots get stuck or have an accident and then need to be rescued, etc.

EBH

Oct 28, 2012 at 09:43 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Out and about in "Frankenstorm"

EB-1 wrote:
It's really a bad idea to be out in a disaster for any purpose unless it is an emergency or you are on the job. Plenty of idiots get stuck or have an accident and then need to be rescued, etc.

+1

Oct 28, 2012 at 09:47 PM
MDJAK
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Out and about in "Frankenstorm"

Yeah, maybe in a real state or emergency.

In New York, where I live, they've gone a bit overboard, just like last time. The trains and buses, relied on by millions of people daily, were stopped at 7 pm this evening and there's barely any wind, not a drop of rain in sight. Supposed to be here mid day tomorrow.

I'll be out shooting if it ever arrives.

Oct 28, 2012 at 11:26 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Out and about in "Frankenstorm"

I've been in hurricanes on shore and on the sea. If you have a chance to get away from one, take it.

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Out and about in "Frankenstorm"

MDJAK wrote:
In New York, where I live, they've gone a bit overboard

“In this world you've just got to hope for the best and prepare for the worst and take whatever God sends.”
- Lucy Maud Montgomery

When the emergency arrives, it's too late to prepare for it. A weather forecast is a prediction, after all, not an estimation.

Oct 29, 2012 at 03:36 AM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Out and about in "Frankenstorm"

I've been in hurricanes on shore and on the sea. If you have a chance to get away from one, take it.

Unless you are called into work like my daughter-in-law. She works at a super corporation located about one hour from her house. Her job, both non-critical and temporary, allows her fellow full-time workers to stay at home and do similar jobs. In this area, outside of Philadelphia, we are expecting the same wind, rain, and flood damage that NY will soon get. All public transportation here is shut down, but if you get to work in a car there is no excuse. It seems that some corporate shot caller has no compunction if she makes it safely home tonight.

Meanwhile, the NY stock exchange is closed today. It's the first time since 9/11. I guess putting safety before profit works better in some areas than others.

Oct 29, 2012 at 01:13 PM
Will Patterson
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Out and about in "Frankenstorm"

Atlantic City this morning - http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/546970_10152249993175122_1087303981_n.jpg

Oct 29, 2012 at 02:28 PM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Out and about in "Frankenstorm"

Oh Crikey!

Oct 29, 2012 at 05:58 PM
Wobble
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Out and about in "Frankenstorm"

I still remember getting fussed at by my ex-company for not milking an out of town contract in Jacksonville in 1989 when Hurricane Hugo was bearing down on Florida. I completed the project early and got the hell out of Dodge.

Oct 29, 2012 at 06:21 PM
Kell
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Out and about in "Frankenstorm"

put that professional grade weather sealing to the test! Seriously folks, safety above everything. Out here in Oregon we get some nasty winter storms with winds over 100mph but nothing like what's going on there. A couple years ago the wind was recorded at 129 mph at the coast, leveled forests. We don't even have a name for these storms, people ask and it's like 'Nah, it's like really windy'

Oct 29, 2012 at 08:44 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Out and about in "Frankenstorm"

It looks like one woman stayed behind in the "G" building.

EBH

Oct 29, 2012 at 09:03 PM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Out and about in "Frankenstorm"

It's a headless mannequin. Relax, she knows how to float.

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:01 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password