Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2012 · Digirev *PROPER* review of the EOS M

n0b0
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Digirev *PROPER* review of the EOS M

http://youtu.be/k4nzXeqkpOE

Basically the AF is a letdown. Oh well... I was hoping for a full frame mirrorless anyway.

edit: New video

http://youtu.be/08yIu2WdpMU

Edited on Nov 10, 2012 at 04:59 PM · View previous versions

Oct 28, 2012 at 08:11 AM
spdntrxi
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Digirev *PROPER* review of the EOS M

My 1dx might be a let down if I was walking erratically and trying to take pictures of people also moving. The pancake lens is slower then the zoom from what heard as well. Kai basically didn't give it a chance.

I dont expect much from it, but I preordered what seems like months ago and look forward to the toy.

Oct 28, 2012 at 02:45 PM
dolina
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Digirev *PROPER* review of the EOS M

I was also hoping for a full frame mirrorless. So it appears Leica's the only choice in that regard.

Oct 28, 2012 at 02:52 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Digirev *PROPER* review of the EOS M

I'm a little surprised about the AF. The Oly E-P3 and OM-D are very fast and surefooted in the AF department and I would have thought Canon would have at least equaled the competition. I suppose you could dig up a clip-on VF somewhere as having to shoot at arm's length all the time is a real PITA, especially in sunny weather. I'd really miss having a VF and popup flash...

Oct 28, 2012 at 05:38 PM
jctriguy
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Digirev *PROPER* review of the EOS M

spdntrxi wrote:
My 1dx might be a let down if I was walking erratically and trying to take pictures of people also moving. The pancake lens is slower then the zoom from what heard as well. Kai basically didn't give it a chance.

I dont expect much from it, but I preordered what seems like months ago and look forward to the toy.

+1 basically a completely useless review. Running through the city and trying to take pics of people who are a few feet away and walking past you. His reviews are only popular because he is a goof, rarely does he say anything useful.

Oct 28, 2012 at 06:35 PM
chez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Digirev *PROPER* review of the EOS M

jctriguy wrote:
+1 basically a completely useless review. Running through the city and trying to take pics of people who are a few feet away and walking past you. His reviews are only popular because he is a goof, rarely does he say anything useful.

Never the less, I have not heard a good thing about the AF on the EOS-M camera. No formal reviews yet...but all informal one point out this issue. That coupled with no viewfinder is a show stopper for me.

Oct 28, 2012 at 06:50 PM
n0b0
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Digirev *PROPER* review of the EOS M

spdntrxi wrote:

He did say other mirrorless were faster, and he tried the 50L and what looks like the 70-300L with it. Just curious, did you watch the whole video? lol

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:41 AM
thw2
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Digirev *PROPER* review of the EOS M

If Canon can sort out their ridiculous contrast AF speed and release a mirrorless FF camera, they'll have a massive winner in their hands.

But with the release of the 6D/D600, I doubt this is going to happen any time soon. Sigh...

Oct 29, 2012 at 03:15 AM
mohamed alfari
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Digirev *PROPER* review of the EOS M

n0b0 wrote:
http://youtu.be/k4nzXeqkpOE

Basically the AF is a letdown. Oh well... I was hoping for a full frame mirrorless anyway.

The Sony one? RX1 i think

Oct 30, 2012 at 07:04 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Digirev *PROPER* review of the EOS M

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2012/10/eos-m-first-impressions

According to Roger AF speed seems to depend a lot on the lens used, and some combos can be similar in speed to the OM-D.

Oct 30, 2012 at 09:13 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Digirev *PROPER* review of the EOS M

Deeply incoherent and infantile.

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:12 PM
pingflood
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Digirev *PROPER* review of the EOS M

rscheffler wrote:
http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2012/10/eos-m-first-impressions

According to Roger AF speed seems to depend a lot on the lens used, and some combos can be similar in speed to the OM-D.

Well, it appears some lenses on the M can be almost as fast as one of the slowest lenses on the OM-D. In the article: "We thought wed compare it to what we consider a rather leisurely lens-camera contrast-detection AF combination: the Olympus OM-D (which is quite quick) mounted with the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 (which isnt)."

Oct 31, 2012 at 09:00 PM
pingflood
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Digirev *PROPER* review of the EOS M

PetKal wrote:
Deeply incoherent and infantile.

Think of DigitalRev as Top Gear for cameras. Lots of goofiness and some insightful commentary, from people who truly love what they do.

Oct 31, 2012 at 09:01 PM
n0b0
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Digirev *PROPER* review of the EOS M

mohamed alfari wrote:
The Sony one? RX1 i think

Fixed lens...

Oct 31, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Dave Hughes
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Digirev *PROPER* review of the EOS M

n0b0 wrote:
Fixed lens...

Yes, but excellent quality.

Nov 02, 2012 at 08:22 AM
thw2
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Digirev *PROPER* review of the EOS M

Dave Hughes wrote:
Yes, but excellent quality.

At a premium price, compared to 6D and D600.

Nov 02, 2012 at 08:25 AM
Rickuz
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Digirev *PROPER* review of the EOS M

Well at least Sony has taken a step in the right direction.

It is a full frame mirrorless with fixed lens, but I think it is only a matter of time before we get a full frame mirrorless with interchangable lens system.

At least I HOPE so.

Seriously, what the heck are they waiting for?

Nov 02, 2012 at 08:56 AM
jonrock
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Digirev *PROPER* review of the EOS M

Rickuz wrote:
Well at least Sony has taken a step in the right direction.

It is a full frame mirrorless with fixed lens, but I think it is only a matter of time before we get a full frame mirrorless with interchangable lens system.

At least I HOPE so.

Seriously, what the heck are they waiting for?

I think Sony and a couple of other manufacturers are still thinking of how to improve performance using wide angle lenses. I'm not sure how exactly Leica is getting around that problem with their new "M" camera.

The other problem I can think of is that an interchangeable lens FF camera might not be small and compact as we want it to be. The Zeiss 35mm f2.0 in the RX-1 would probably a be a bit larger if it was part of a interchangeable lens system.

Nov 02, 2012 at 09:20 AM
newseum
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Digirev *PROPER* review of the EOS M

I normally enjoy his reviews because they are sprinkled with a little humor. Could barely stand to watch this one.

Nov 02, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Sagar
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Digirev *PROPER* review of the EOS M

I too enjoy his videos and while humorous he does make some valid points. I think he completely messed this up.

Nov 02, 2012 at 12:19 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password