Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       end
  

Archive 2012 · PCB Einstein not firing (Update - defective flashtube)
  
 
kenyee
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · PCB Einstein not firing (Update - defective flashtube)


no_surrender wrote:
1514 carry on model, but not quite sure if I'll be able to fit 3 Einsteins in there


I don't think it'll fit 3. I've gotten 2 in there w/ power cords, etc. or 1 w/ a VML.
I'd suggest getting a spare flash tube as well. I haven't had any of mine croak either for 1.5yrs but haven't beaten on then as much as other folks. Never hurts to have a spare though...and they're cheap compared to other brands'



Oct 30, 2012 at 03:56 PM
jzucker
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · PCB Einstein not firing (Update - defective flashtube)


kenyee wrote:
I don't think it'll fit 3. I've gotten 2 in there w/ power cords, etc. or 1 w/ a VML.
I'd suggest getting a spare flash tube as well. I haven't had any of mine croak either for 1.5yrs but haven't beaten on then as much as other folks. Never hurts to have a spare though...and they're cheap compared to other brands'


Yes, the buff tubes are 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of elinchrom!



Oct 30, 2012 at 04:00 PM
tedwca
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · PCB Einstein not firing (Update - defective flashtube)


I had a buddy assisting a photographer and broke the flash tube on his Broncolor head. It was $900+ to replace! Ouch!!

It looks like it's gone up since then. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/6856-REG/Broncolor_34_328_00_6400w_s_UV_Flashtube.html



Oct 31, 2012 at 02:32 AM
no_surrender
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · PCB Einstein not firing (Update - defective flashtube)


tedwca wrote:
I had a buddy assisting a photographer and broke the flash tube on his Broncolor head. It was $900+ to replace! Ouch!!

It looks like it's gone up since then. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/6856-REG/Broncolor_34_328_00_6400w_s_UV_Flashtube.html


WOW!! Ten times the power of the Einstein...that's impressive and so is the price of the flash tube!



Oct 31, 2012 at 08:38 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Cphoto1954
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · PCB Einstein not firing (Update - defective flashtube)


I got three new ones last year and one tube was broken in shipment. I called them and had on in have withing 3 days - no cost at all. Excellent support with PCB over the past 20 years I've had their products. Try to call them if you can - things will happen better and faster. Good luck.


Oct 31, 2012 at 06:33 PM
no_surrender
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #6 · PCB Einstein not firing (Update - defective flashtube)


Cphoto1954 wrote:
I got three new ones last year and one tube was broken in shipment. I called them and had on in have withing 3 days - no cost at all. Excellent support with PCB over the past 20 years I've had their products. Try to call them if you can - things will happen better and faster. Good luck.


I'm currently in Korea so it's not as easy to call since I'm 9 hours ahead of Nashville. I've emailed back and forth with them and they've been great. The replacement flash tube plus one spare should be shipped out later today.

Kevin



Nov 02, 2012 at 01:53 PM
bacilonur
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #7 · PCB Einstein not firing (Update - defective flashtube)


You can actually fit 3 units in a Pelican 1510/1514 very easily if you remove the modeling bulbs and get some of their uber secret flat bulb covers








Nov 02, 2012 at 05:12 PM
no_surrender
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #8 · PCB Einstein not firing (Update - defective flashtube)


bacilonur, thanks for the 1510 image! I'm not so sure I, personally, would want to remove the frosted dome cover. For shipping and transportation, sure, but to me it's kind of like a lens hood...added protection to keep the flash tube safe. And you're right, those flat covers look uber secret haha, couldn't find them.

Are you able to fit the Einsteins in the case with the standard shipping cover installed if placed differently?

Kevin



Nov 02, 2012 at 09:25 PM
1      
2
       end




FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password