Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · "EXIF data was expected in the image." , uh, ok...

yellowducky
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · "EXIF data was expected in the image." , uh, ok, how?

Hi all,

Was going to submit a photo for the monthly. Got the size right but get this notification

"EXIF data was expected in the image."

Ok, uh, when I exported the jpg from LR I had nothing checked to 'not' add this info. I have tried bbcode links which give me this, html links give me 'cannot upload' etc. I tried a different photo host site and got 'can't submit more than 2' or something like that (when I don't even see one up, let alone a second).

I am not going to win, but want to be in just for any comments. That said, its proving harder than taking the picture was! Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I tried using imgur and imageshack both to no avail.

thanks and regards

Oct 25, 2012 at 03:49 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · "EXIF data was expected in the image." , uh, ok, how?

Did you use "Save for web..."? In Photoshop (at least) that does not include EXIF data in the file. The normal "Save" and "Save as" operations do include EXIF data.

Oct 26, 2012 at 03:48 PM
yellowducky
• • •
p.1 #3 · "EXIF data was expected in the image." , uh, ok, how?

Nope, color space, sharpening, resizing, metadata (all selected) - thats about it really. I gather I WANT the exif which I believe I should be providing in the file but dunno, if I have two photo providers and both pull the same warning I am not sure what else I am missing. I have only entered a monthly once before so can't recall what if anything was different other than it being LR3 at the time (now I am LR4).

Oct 26, 2012 at 06:26 PM
pokemanyz
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · "EXIF data was expected in the image." , uh, ok, how?

Try opening in Photoshop then saving for web from there and make sure "All" is selected in metadata.

Oct 27, 2012 at 09:43 AM
yellowducky
• • •
p.1 #5 · "EXIF data was expected in the image." , uh, ok, how?

Tried Photoshop CS3 (what I have). Nope. Tried another computer, nope. Tried multiple upload services, nope. Stupid FR keeps saying 'Exif data was expected in image'. Looks like no entries for me. Its great to be all automated and such but not being able to get a photo inlined to a forum post, come on. I give up. I have spent more time trying to upload x20 than I did taking it and editing it.

Oct 27, 2012 at 05:57 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password