Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Anyone set-up a booth and sell prints at a street faire

Michaelparris
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone set-up a booth and sell prints at a street faire

or any other type of venue? I would like to try it and would like to here from others who have done this and the success or failures you have had.

Thanks for the replies

Iron sharpens iron

Oct 23, 2012 at 06:48 PM
bipock
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone set-up a booth and sell prints at a street faire

Michael, I have my first festival coming up in a little under 1 onth, so I would be interested to hear from others too.

Nov 08, 2012 at 02:07 PM
Tom Robinson

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone set-up a booth and sell prints at a street faire

Iíve done this. Set-up inside a circus tent with a motorcycle dealer and offering pics of people on a KTM dirt bike in the sand dunes (Greenscreen) or at a skate park on a skateboard (also greenscreen). I didnít have to pay for the space, (My buddies bike shop) This was at an annual Oyster Festival that attracts lots of people and we were charging $12 for a 5x7 or $20 for an 8x10 sheet. Did a total of $400 for the weekend.
The killer was a local radio station was doing Poloroids 50 feet away from my location of your kids standing inside a plywood sharks mouth, for free.
Never shot on spec again.

Nov 08, 2012 at 07:32 PM
Micky Bill
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone set-up a booth and sell prints at a street faire

Tom Robinson wrote:
Iíve done this. Set-up inside a circus tent with a motorcycle dealer and offering pics of people on a KTM dirt bike in the sand dunes (Greenscreen) or at a skate park on a skateboard (also greenscreen). I didnít have to pay for the space, (My buddies bike shop) This was at an annual Oyster Festival that attracts lots of people and we were charging $12 for a 5x7 or $20 for an 8x10 sheet. Did a total of $400 for the weekend.
The killer was a local radio station was doing Poloroids 50 feet away from my location
...Show more

Sorry to but that's funny..."standing inside a sharks mouth, for free"

OTOH I knew a guy who did the street fair circuit and he would sell around $3-4000 per weekend (spoiler alert: this was before the recession) of bird and landscape and nature prints. He had a camper van to carry all the stuff a and sleep in, a pop up tent thing and tons of prints...from 5x7 to 20x30. And since the customers were buying something to match the sofa or the kitchen or bathroom wallpaper he needed many different color schemes, Blue birds, red birds, sunsets, seascapes, fall foliage. All of these were matted in white board and in a clear envelope.
It sounds like he cashed in but when considering time, gas, inventory I am not sure if he made much of a profit.

Nov 16, 2012 at 03:52 PM
GCasey
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Anyone set-up a booth and sell prints at a street faire

I've talked to people who set up booths to sell their photos (framed as well as matted) in community art shows and asked how many they needed to do in a season (Summer in our area) to make it worth while. "At least twelve," has been the usual answer.

There's the entry fee, costs of producing the photo products, $1,500 or more for the booth (since rain and wind are always a possibility, you want your photos protected), a long day to set up, another long day to take down, and two long days of sitting in the booth. Large display panels to hang photos are needed. A vehicle or enclosed trailer large enough to transport booth, display panels and photo products is needed. You need to be set up to accept credit cards -- business agreement with provider, as well as equipment.

Photos must be exceptional to get any attention at all.

Nov 16, 2012 at 04:22 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password