Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Devyn's Senior Portrait

Draper
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Devyn's Senior Portrait

Just a shot from my session Saturday. Thanks for looking.

Devyn by DraperStudios, on Flickr

Oct 22, 2012 at 08:18 PM
squareeyez
• • •
p.1 #2 · Devyn's Senior Portrait

she's beautiful; you shot her well. I'd like to see the dark areas a bit lighter but her beauty steals the show

Oct 22, 2012 at 09:21 PM
brianclary
• •
p.1 #3 · Devyn's Senior Portrait

That's gorgeous! Maybe darken her front arm a little bit, so the eye is drawn more to her face?

Oct 22, 2012 at 09:42 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Devyn's Senior Portrait

Hi,

My comments or suggestions below are not a criticism of you, your model, your talent or skill. I offer them in a friendly tone of voice and with the sole intent to help you with a second POV and set of eyes. If you read sincere questions and simple suggestions as "criticism" of you, then you will miss how I am trying to help you.

Of course this may be your own "style" or your own "vision" and I suppose we can assume that the images look just like they do because that is exactly how you like them. That is OK too. It just shows that there are differences of "opinion" on what looks good. IF these are exactly what you want and like, then by all means continue making your images look like that and have fun doing it. I can only speak for myself and what I do or do not find appealing in the posted photos. As I always say: "Follow your own muse."

Another nice portrait by you...as usual.

Well done!

What do I not like?

I don't really like the claw hand (her left hand), as the finger catches the light and draws my eye to that claw shape.

I hope these comments help you.

Oct 22, 2012 at 09:48 PM
Prevelige
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Devyn's Senior Portrait

An absolutely beautiful woman, nicely captured. My only thought is that the tip of her nose and upper lip look a bit bright to me. A bit of darkening would help to my eye.

Oct 22, 2012 at 10:17 PM
friscoron
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Devyn's Senior Portrait

Lovely subject, and for the most part, I really like your lighting. My only suggestion is that it looks like the lighting is set up to largely light both eyes equally, but her left eye is well-lit and her right eye is not as well lit. You could probably fix that with some pp, but that's me, my style, my vision. For you, this might be perfect as it is.

Nicely done!

Oct 23, 2012 at 03:08 AM

neighbourboy
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Devyn's Senior Portrait

Hi Aaron, nice to see a post from you. I've always loved your work a lot. But I have to confess that this particular shot didn't strike me with as much admiration and I usually feel from your shots. I think the first thing I noticed was similar to what Ron says above where the main light is coming from her right, but that right eye being dark just feels odd to me, even though I know it's because of the hair. But that's really a nit pick and it's just because you've set the bar so high ;-)

--David

Oct 23, 2012 at 04:05 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Devyn's Senior Portrait

good lighting and pose

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:18 AM
misternikko
• • •
p.1 #9 · Devyn's Senior Portrait

reminds me of stacey dash from clueless back in the day.

love what you did with the lighting and what it in turn did with her eyes.

very well done, thanks for sharing!

Oct 23, 2012 at 01:24 PM
bobbyv
• •
p.1 #10 · Devyn's Senior Portrait

Like it...but the background is trying to steal the show.

Oct 26, 2012 at 08:43 PM
G Ric
• • •
p.1 #11 · Devyn's Senior Portrait

i like it. i like her expression and pose. maybe have her step forward a few steps to get the bg slightly blurred more. thanks for sharing.

Oct 29, 2012 at 06:01 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password