New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Maine Bridge

moosehead222
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Maine Bridge

My post here so hopefully the photo links will work.
I am looking for some feedback, which of the two do you like the best and any other feedback. Thank you

http://moosehead.smugmug.com/Vacation/Maine-2012/Maine-2012/i-cFqgb6f/0/L/DSC3205-L.jpg

http://moosehead.smugmug.com/Vacation/Maine-2012/Maine-2012/i-5V6K6z7/0/L/DSC3204-L.jpg

Oct 20, 2012 at 09:20 AM
moosehead222
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Maine Bridge

Well I managed to post the same image... I will try again with a new post but any feedback on the capture?
Thank you.

Oct 20, 2012 at 09:21 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Maine Bridge

They may be the same capture, but the top one is darker. You can edit and change the image in the original post. Edit here works very well.

I prefer the darker version and like it a lot.

Oct 20, 2012 at 09:24 AM
Oregon Gal
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Maine Bridge

Both images are nice but the second image has a little more pop to the bridge and the tree on the right, maybe burn the water a little in the 2nd image and avoid burning the tree reflection in the water. I might consider bumping the vibrancy up a little.

Oct 20, 2012 at 10:31 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Maine Bridge

I prefer the second one.

The tree in the upper left corner provides some hinting of leading line/framing. +1 @ Barbra, and maybe some crop off the bottom ... just above the LLC bush.

Oct 20, 2012 at 10:47 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Maine Bridge

RustyBug wrote:
I prefer the second one.

The tree in the upper left corner provides some hinting of leading line/framing. +1 @ Barbra, and maybe some crop off the bottom ... just above the LLC bush.

+1... Do you mind people doing rework, or do you prefer we keep hands off?? Jim

Edited on Oct 20, 2012 at 04:04 PM · View previous versions

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:41 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Maine Bridge

As I see the images, the tree and it's foliage and reflection is the nexus of each. The second looks initially more appealing because the color is brighter and more exciting in the nexus, compared to the first. Te bridge and it's reflection naturally leads from the darker and duller left side into the brighter and more colorful right hand nexus. I'd suggest gilding the lily by brightening and making the colors more vivid and saturated to make it snap and boost it;s interest appeal. I'd also suggest a tiny crop from the left to make it a hair less busy on the left and perhaps a slight CW rotation so the angle of the bridge and the reflection guide the eye at a more level angle into the visual nexus. Here's an illustration of my suggestion, using Lab mode changes to add snap, plus minor exposure bump, gamma reduction, major vibrance bump and a slight saturation reduction on the left to further direct the flow of the eye:

Oct 20, 2012 at 03:03 PM
moosehead222
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Maine Bridge

Excellent!! Thanks everyone... I am going to learn a lot from this forum.

Oct 20, 2012 at 04:01 PM
moosehead222
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Maine Bridge

After your suggestions..

http://moosehead.smugmug.com/Vacation/Maine-2012/Maine-2012/i-Qs5JKdD/0/L/DSC3205-1-L.jpg

Oct 20, 2012 at 06:50 PM
moosehead222
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Maine Bridge

Edited to show close to reality. Just FYI

http://moosehead.smugmug.com/Vacation/Maine-2012/Maine-2012/i-qRmqBzx/0/L/DSC3205-LR-L.jpg

Oct 21, 2012 at 08:45 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.