Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · QImage

JameelH
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · QImage

Thinking of getting a copy. Is there a significant difference printing using QImage vs. printing directly from PS?

thanks

Oct 18, 2012 at 06:51 PM
hugowolf
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · QImage

JameelH wrote:
Thinking of getting a copy. Is there a significant difference printing using QImage vs. printing directly from PS?

Why not download and try a copy before you buy?

Brian A

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Alan321
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · QImage

The primary benefit of QImage is that you can manage a single image file and print at any size whereas with Ps you would change the image file to suit the print size or else keep multiple copies that are each optimized for a single print size.

Oct 19, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Jack Heckaman
• •
p.1 #4 · QImage

Qimage is a great product - consider it to be a RIP light. You can manage multiple images at different sizes on single sheets or multiple sheets of paper. It allows you to add sharpening to the final print or adjust each print individually for cropping or brightness...etc. I have been using it for a number of years and you cant beat it for the price. I run an Epson 4900 and a 9900 and short of spending $1500+ for a premium RIP program this has done everything I need for both printers.

Oct 19, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Dave Good
• • •
p.1 #5 · QImage

Yes, there is a significant difference in workflow and output quality IMHO.

Qimage offers many advantages to printing, from print size and placement to image quality. The output sharpening alone is worth the price of admission along with it's interpolation methods. As with any new program the UI takes some getting used to, there are many videos on their site walking you through the different features.

Mike offers free upgrades for a period of time as well. I used to print through a RIP (licensed to one printer only) but now much prefer Qimage Ultimate along with my custom profiles.

Dave

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM
JameelH
• • •
p.1 #6 · QImage

Thanks folks. Looks like it is definitely worth a try given its price.

Oct 19, 2012 at 02:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Shutterbug2006
• • •
p.1 #7 · QImage

They just released QImage Ultimate 2013.

They have a 14-day free trial. Get it from http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage-u/downloads.htm

Oct 20, 2012 at 07:07 AM
kdphotography
• • •
p.1 #8 · QImage

I have been using Qimage for years----well worth the minor cost of investment.

Something not mentioned above is that Qimage helps you to manage all your paper profile and printer settings for each type of media. It simplifies the printing process when changing between different types of media, and this alone justifies the price of Qimage. Ever print an image accidentally using the wrong profile? No more wasted ink/paper. Ever wonder why the Epson driver is so complicated----a little conspiracy theory on burning ink/paper? No more---thank you Mike Chaney and Qimage!

"Deep Focus Sharpening" is the latest update to Qimage Ultimate. I haven't tried it much, but it looks like a promising version update.

ken

Oct 20, 2012 at 01:21 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #9 · QImage

does qimage allow you to print to a jpg with embedded srgb profile? Last time I tried, it wanted an icc profile embedded

Oct 23, 2012 at 04:45 PM
IndyFab
• • •
p.1 #10 · QImage

This thread was very helpful for me .. Thanks all

Feb 14, 2013 at 09:33 PM
davenfl
• • • •
p.1 #11 · QImage

Used it for years now. For the price the flexibility, features, and support cannot be beat. We use it on 4 different types of printers and once you know the program the interface between different hardware is absolutely seamless. I'll add another vote for this great product.

Dave

Feb 14, 2013 at 09:41 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password