Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2012 · Dallas Divide Fall colors
  
 
KKapple
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Dallas Divide Fall colors


Here are a few from the trip in San Juan Mountain area of Colorado.
Asked a few people about the colors before I left. Most said I would be getting there too late.
But I was lucky and there were still a lot of color left for me to shoot. Might not have timed it just right to hit the peak days but was happy to see I had enough to work with.



This is a 6 minute exposure at sunset using a 10 stop nd filter



Same spot but normal exposure using GND filters



Went exploring the backroads and found this spot for a morning shot. Also did a cool night shot here I will post later.



Took another back road and found this spot.



Oct 10, 2012 at 03:08 PM
garyroach
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Dallas Divide Fall colors


Great shots. Great place.


Oct 10, 2012 at 03:12 PM
Rob Tillyer
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Dallas Divide Fall colors


Beautiful spot, great colours. The second one is my favourite.

Rob



Oct 10, 2012 at 03:26 PM
ckcarr
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Dallas Divide Fall colors


Beautiful, just drove through there yesterday on my way to Montrose.
Don't know if it's a true story or not, but I'll always look at Ralph Lauren's fence rails on the outside versus the inside. Can't get it out of my head. I heard it was built that way because it looked better.



Oct 10, 2012 at 03:33 PM
Brad Williams
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Dallas Divide Fall colors


Beautiful shots! I can't decide If I like the Long exposure or the normal exposure better on the first two.

You said you did some exploring. If you did not know, the third one is on the "Double RL" Ranch (Ralph Lauren, the famous clothing designer).



Oct 10, 2012 at 03:36 PM
Pazzaz
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Dallas Divide Fall colors


2 and 4 for me!


Oct 10, 2012 at 03:56 PM
Sneakyracer
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · Dallas Divide Fall colors


Very Nice shots!

When did you go? I was there sept. 26-29th. Color was unreal but most importantly there was a nice coating of snow.

The pond is a few miles into CR 7.



Oct 10, 2012 at 04:48 PM
KKapple
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · Dallas Divide Fall colors


Thanks for the comments. Glad you like them.


Oct 10, 2012 at 05:55 PM
KKapple
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · Dallas Divide Fall colors


Brad Williams wrote:
Beautiful shots! I can't decide If I like the Long exposure or the normal exposure better on the first two.

You said you did some exploring. If you did not know, the third one is on the "Double RL" Ranch (Ralph Lauren, the famous clothing designer).



I did not know that was what that stood for. Thanks for the info. Nice place he has...must be nice to wake up and see that every day.



Oct 10, 2012 at 05:56 PM
KKapple
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · Dallas Divide Fall colors


Sneakyracer wrote:
Very Nice shots!

When did you go? I was there sept. 26-29th. Color was unreal but most importantly there was a nice coating of snow.

The pond is a few miles into CR 7.


Took these on Friday and Saturday, Oct. 5th and 6th



Oct 10, 2012 at 05:58 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Klaus Priebe
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · Dallas Divide Fall colors


Wonderful series, Keith. Really like the long exposure shot of Double RL and the last shot from the little pond with Sneffels. Looks like you had a good trip!


Oct 10, 2012 at 08:44 PM
Brad Williams
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · Dallas Divide Fall colors


KKapple wrote:
Nice place he has...must be nice to wake up and see that every day.


No Kidding, That would be awesome to wake up to every day!



Oct 10, 2012 at 08:54 PM
KKapple
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · Dallas Divide Fall colors


Klaus Priebe wrote:
Wonderful series, Keith. Really like the long exposure shot of Double RL and the last shot from the little pond with Sneffels. Looks like you had a good trip!



Thanks Klaus, we will have to hook up when I head out to the badlands soon.
I know of a lot of cool spots out there.



Oct 11, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Klaus Priebe
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · Dallas Divide Fall colors


KKapple wrote:
Thanks Klaus, we will have to hook up when I head out to the badlands soon.
I know of a lot of cool spots out there.



Give me a call. It would be great to go out shooting with you.



Oct 11, 2012 at 01:01 AM
KKapple
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · Dallas Divide Fall colors


Klaus Priebe wrote:
Give me a call. It would be great to go out shooting with you.



Will do. I am planning a mini weekend trip soon and then a longer trip maybe around Thanksgiving.



Oct 11, 2012 at 02:11 PM
Klaus Priebe
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · Dallas Divide Fall colors


KKapple wrote:
Will do. I am planning a mini weekend trip soon and then a longer trip maybe around Thanksgiving.



Cool. Just let me know.



Oct 11, 2012 at 03:48 PM
teked
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · Dallas Divide Fall colors


Terrific series, Keith. I really can't choose between 1 and 2. The cloud blur provides a dreamy quality in the first, while the clouds themselves provide more drama in the second.

Looks like you and Klaus must have been on a similar journey.

Cheers,
Ed



Oct 11, 2012 at 06:03 PM
JimFox
Offline
• • • • • • •
Moderator
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · Dallas Divide Fall colors


Hey Keith,

Sweet shots here! I am glad to hear that the color did hang on for you as I was thinking you would be getting there too late. Good thing you didn't listen to me...

It's hard to pick favorites, all of these really are cool. You had some great clouds to work with.

Jim



Oct 11, 2012 at 06:46 PM
KKapple
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · Dallas Divide Fall colors


teked wrote:
Terrific series, Keith. I really can't choose between 1 and 2. The cloud blur provides a dreamy quality in the first, while the clouds themselves provide more drama in the second.

Looks like you and Klaus must have been on a similar journey.

Cheers,
Ed



Thanks Ed, I kow at least of one spot Klaus and I must have stood in diffrent time dimensions



Oct 11, 2012 at 07:46 PM
KKapple
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · Dallas Divide Fall colors


JimFox wrote:
Hey Keith,

Sweet shots here! I am glad to hear that the color did hang on for you as I was thinking you would be getting there too late. Good thing you didn't listen to me...

It's hard to pick favorites, all of these really are cool. You had some great clouds to work with.

Jim



Actually, your IM to me made me change the whole trip round and we went straight here.
So a big thank you Jim!



Oct 11, 2012 at 07:47 PM
1
       2       end




FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password