Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Amira

oxman

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Amira

I did a shoot today for my stock portfolio in a music store with the theme of music lessons. A week before I did some street-casting of a young woman I met at a gym who had never modeled but had great lines and a wonderful attitude. I felt I could work with her. After all the piano, violin and trumpet shots I asked if she wanted to try some glamor shots. She was nervous at first but I coached her into delivering some passion into the lens and she connected. It was great to see her open up.

Oct 09, 2012 at 04:14 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Amira

Where's the rest of her?...Does she only have a head?
I would like to see more of her as these are all the same.
the last one is my favourite, she has a great smile.
3 isn't doing he complexion any favours

Oct 09, 2012 at 01:10 PM
misternikko
• • •
p.1 #3 · Amira

yeah have to agree....try taking a step or two back. You could always crop later so Id suggest getting a wider perspective, and more options of perspective, next time

I did like your light.

Oh and ease up on the sharpening a little.

Oct 09, 2012 at 03:33 PM

oxman

p.1 #4 · Amira

Thanks guys for the comments. The tight crop was intentional. I was shooting in a music store and there were guitars coming out of her head. We may do a reshoot in my studio with a planned background.

I am not a Noiseware filter guy. I did some softening on the second image but I shoot for Getty and let the art directors filter if they want. Plus, I kinda like the edgy grunge on third one. Many may disagree with my approach but I am more concerned with lighting, angles, and the overall emotion of a shot.

Oct 09, 2012 at 07:15 PM
kakomu
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Amira

oxman wrote:
Thanks guys for the comments. The tight crop was intentional. I was shooting in a music store and there were guitars coming out of her head. We may do a reshoot in my studio with a planned background.

I am not a Noiseware filter guy. I did some softening on the second image but I shoot for Getty and let the art directors filter if they want. Plus, I kinda like the edgy grunge on third one. Many may disagree with my approach but I am more concerned with lighting, angles, and the overall emotion of a shot.

As an aside, your OP stated that these were "glamor shots", but "glamor" and "edgy grunge" tend to be mutually exclusive.

Oct 09, 2012 at 07:31 PM
oxman

p.1 #6 · Amira

i specialize in "grunge-glamor".

Oct 09, 2012 at 08:12 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password