Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Critique, Please

pliukait
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Critique, Please

Cox Bay, near Tofino BC

Please have a look and let me know what you think of these.

Thanks.....Pete

Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III    EF17-40mm f/4L USM lens    20mm    f/8.0    1/400s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III    EF17-40mm f/4L USM lens    17mm    f/8.0    1/400s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III    EF17-40mm f/4L USM lens    40mm    f/8.0    1/400s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III    EF17-40mm f/4L USM lens    40mm    f/8.0    1/400s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

Oct 08, 2012 at 08:34 PM
the888account
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Critique, Please

I personally prefer this set vs the other set in the #2 thread. The inclusion of the sun being the differentiator.

#1 Doesnt look perfectly straight to me

#3 and #4 there is little difference, other than sun posiiton. I prefer 3 as the sun is slightly larger, resulting in a better "glow", which I prefer.

#3 and #4 I'd consider removing the "hump" on the beach on the right hand side as its a bit distractiing for me.

I like #1, as it a bit different to the usual landscape orientation usually seen on landscape shot. Maybe dial back the vignette a smidge, just to help bring out the foreground detail just a touch more.

Otherwise, very good. I'd be pleased with these!

Oct 08, 2012 at 08:48 PM
robertjm
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Critique, Please

Of the images, #2 is my favorite. The vertical format of the first one just doesn't work for me, nor the off-center position of the sun in the other ones.

Lighting was gorgeous in all of them.

Oct 08, 2012 at 09:02 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Critique, Please

Good. Perhaps consider some alternate crops:

Oct 08, 2012 at 09:32 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Critique, Please

Pretty scene, beautiful colors, interesting silhouette shapes. The diagonal clouds are an additional compositional plus.
Like the Triple 8 Gent (I always like to know real names too), the vertical doesnt work for me.
The second does, despite the sun straight ahead. This is one of the areas where the clouds and their line help balance, complete the image for me.
I get a bit of a zigzag effect in three and four, not all bad. My eye follows the line across the sky left to right, drops over to the silhouettes, then is pulled back across the frame to the setting sun, finally following some of the horizontal and diagonal lines from the waves. The fourth works better than the third, with more interest in the wave-lines.
Of course, this was my personal visual journey. It may not be anyone else's.
Scott

Oct 09, 2012 at 01:01 AM
pliukait
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Critique, Please

Thanks everyone for your comments, they are most helpful.

I did the vertical format to show the expansiveness of the beach because the tide was going out at the time.

the888account: when you say: #3 and #4 I'd consider removing the "hump" on the beach on the right hand side as its a bit distractiing for me; do you mean the small rock that is in the water on the right-hand side or the taller trees that are along the right edge?

I thought about having the sun centred on shots 3 and 4 but I thought it would be better to have the sun offset.

Oct 09, 2012 at 02:49 AM
the888account
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Critique, Please

I meant the small rock.

Cheers,

Oct 09, 2012 at 08:32 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password