Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · Thumb
  
 
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Thumb


Comments appreciated - take away from triptych post on BW forum.

Regards,

Bob







Oct 07, 2012 at 11:14 PM
ben egbert
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Thumb


Envious here. I tried to do one like that today with my new lens and was not able to focus or light. Tougher than it looks.


Oct 07, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Thumb


Thanks Ben,

I was experimenting with Shutter-preferred, auto ISO, and available light. Action to sharpen strips Exif; posting for the information if anyone cares...

Bob







Oct 07, 2012 at 11:21 PM
ben egbert
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Thumb


Wow, ISO 2200, my camera would have so much noise the kid would appear to have acne. Also f1.4, I was testing an f2.8 lens.


Oct 07, 2012 at 11:26 PM
AuntiPode
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Thumb


Very cute. The eyes are nicely rendered. Might benefit from a little more hand and wrist (not as tightly cropped from the bottom edge) and perhaps a little noise reduction and carefully selected blur (avoiding changes to the eyes), but they are very minor tweaks.









Oct 08, 2012 at 01:51 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Thumb


ben egbert wrote:
Wow, ISO 2200, my camera would have so much noise the kid would appear to have acne. Also f1.4, I was testing an f2.8 lens.


The camera is comparatively new to me, lens seldom used.

I want to get away from extensively using zooms and I enjoy the challenges of available light and both the flexibility and spontaneity afforded for candid images with high ISO and faster primes.

1/1000th of a second? Absolutely, sitting quietly is a rarity for her. Do not be mislead - Define2.0 helped whisk away noise (going beyond ISO1600 gets dicey depending on subject) and I find BW much more forgiving.

Bob


Edited on Oct 08, 2012 at 01:20 PM · View previous versions



Oct 08, 2012 at 01:18 PM
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Thumb


AuntiPode wrote:
Very cute. The eyes are nicely rendered. Might benefit from a little more hand and wrist (not as tightly cropped from the bottom edge) and perhaps a little noise reduction and carefully selected blur (avoiding changes to the eyes), but they are very minor tweaks.



Thanks Karen, icing on the cake

Bob




Oct 08, 2012 at 01:19 PM
sbeme
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Thumb


Soft, sweet, precious moment captured beautifully.
Love the toning and the tight crop adds to the intimacy of the moment.
Nice!!!

Scott



Oct 09, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Thumb


sbeme wrote:
Soft, sweet, precious moment captured beautifully.
Love the toning and the tight crop adds to the intimacy of the moment.
Nice!!!

Scott


Thanks Scott,

Glad you enjoyed the image...she is a cutie

Bob



Oct 09, 2012 at 10:48 PM





FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password