FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Lower Falls of the Yellowstone

Colorado CJ
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lower Falls of the Yellowstone

Here are a few more photos from my Yellowstone trip. This time of the Lower Yellowstone Falls. Taken with a Nikon D600 and 50mm F1.8G lens.

This was my first time seeing the falls. It was an awe inspiring sight and VERY loud.

30-Sept-2012-12b by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

30-Sept-2012-13 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

30-Sept-2012-11 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

30-Sept-2012-12 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Oct 05, 2012 at 08:48 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lower Falls of the Yellowstone

You did a nice job on these, the D600 is serving you well. My favorite is #1, with #4 being my favorite, though I think I would crop a hair more off the bottom and lose that little bump of water at the bottom.

Jim

Oct 05, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Ear Mountain
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lower Falls of the Yellowstone

I also like the first and fourth images. The indirect light playing on the darker side of the canyon is nice. I also would crop out that little bit of white water at the bottom of the last image. Nice colors and composition.

Oct 06, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Colorado CJ
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lower Falls of the Yellowstone

Thanks everyone. It was an awesome sight and sound. Wish I could have spent more time there or planned the hike out so I could get the optimal light/shadows, but I was with my family and my sister's family, so photography took the back seat on this trip.

I need to get out there on my own and spend a few days of just pure photography. I also really didn't get a chance for wildlife photography ( my real passion ) as I didn't get into the back country at all. Next spring hopefully.

Oct 07, 2012 at 10:48 AM
mike717
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lower Falls of the Yellowstone

Well done, it's #1 and #4 for me too. +1 on getting rid of that one spec of white at the bottom of #4.

Mike

Oct 07, 2012 at 11:59 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.