Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · Another foggy tree - +1 +B/W added
  
 
philtax
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Another foggy tree - +1 +B/W added


I guess I'm going for sort of a mood shot here but not sure how much I like it. Taken in the Berkeley hills. Any C&C welcome.






Edited on Oct 06, 2012 at 03:09 AM · View previous versions



Oct 03, 2012 at 09:44 PM
pumaknight
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Another foggy tree - +1 +B/W added


I like it...and so should you....evocative shot indeed!! B&W it though....to savour the singularity of it!!


Oct 04, 2012 at 01:23 AM
philtax
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Another foggy tree - +1 +B/W added


pumaknight wrote:
I like it...and so should you....evocative shot indeed!! B&W it though....to savour the singularity of it!!


Thanks Michael - I appreciate your comments - hadn't thought about black and white though. BTW I liked your website.



Oct 04, 2012 at 12:58 PM
vilimo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Another foggy tree - +1 +B/W added


+1 on B&W. Also, I think it would be better to crop the bottom part


Oct 04, 2012 at 01:15 PM
philtax
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Another foggy tree - +1 +B/W added


vilimo wrote:
+1 on B&W. Also, I think it would be better to crop the bottom part


Thanks for the suggestion! I've attached a full sized B/W conversion and a cropped version. I like the B/W.

Phil













Oct 05, 2012 at 02:51 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



pumaknight
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Another foggy tree - +1 +B/W added


oh yes....that is..well...it is just yes....


Oct 05, 2012 at 05:42 AM
Charlie Shugart
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · Another foggy tree - +1 +B/W added


Phil- I love the color version.
Phil- I love the B&W version.
Here's a thought that's been rattling around in my head for years, and may be worth a moment of your consideration: The best way to show the subtlety of delicate colors is in color- not in B&W.
$.02 and almost worth the price .
Charlie



Oct 05, 2012 at 07:16 PM
philtax
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Another foggy tree - +1 +B/W added


Charlie Shugart wrote:
Phil- I love the color version.
Phil- I love the B&W version.
Here's a thought that's been rattling around in my head for years, and may be worth a moment of your consideration: The best way to show the subtlety of delicate colors is in color- not in B&W.
$.02 and almost worth the price .
Charlie


Hi Charlie,

Thanks much! I agree with you about color. I took a harder look at the original and made a couple changes to bring out a little more detail in the shadows.

Phil







Oct 06, 2012 at 03:07 AM
philtax
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · Another foggy tree - +1 +B/W added


pumaknight wrote:
oh yes....that is..well...it is just yes....


Many thanks!

Phil



Oct 06, 2012 at 03:08 AM





FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password