Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · IKEA catalog retouching

king_louie

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · IKEA catalog retouching

http://www.thelocal.se/43554/20121001/?

Ikea 'sorry' for erasing women in Saudi book

I am amazed at how this much retouching could be done. And for so many images! I can see how they would take another image of the setup, put it in a layer below, and rub out the woman. Or do they do all shoots on a green screen and composite in computer? Do they have the entire catalog "setup" in ready-to-shoot in some place?

Oct 01, 2012 at 11:35 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · IKEA catalog retouching

This topic would be better suited to the Lighting and Studio, Pro Digital, or other sub-forum than to the Canon sub-forum.

[Edit: I see a moderator agreed with me, as this thread is now in the Miscellaneous sub-forum.]

Edited on Oct 02, 2012 at 04:46 AM · View previous versions

Oct 01, 2012 at 11:46 PM
AlexF
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · IKEA catalog retouching

The touch up would not be all that complicates as long as they took a photo of that set empty - you just put the photo with no people as a bottom layer and then erase the girl...and the mirror

Oct 01, 2012 at 11:52 PM
jerrykur
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · IKEA catalog retouching

I am not surprised at this tweak. IKEA is replacing photographs with CG images in their catalogs.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444508504577595414031195148.html

Oct 02, 2012 at 01:07 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

king_louie

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · IKEA catalog retouching

Hmm, interesting! That makes it easy I guess, since everything is a composite.

Oct 02, 2012 at 01:17 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · IKEA catalog retouching

I wonder if they first shot the room without people. That would allow a great deal of flexibility in post.

Dan

Oct 02, 2012 at 02:06 AM
hk_mtbr
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · IKEA catalog retouching

gdanmitchell wrote:
I wonder if they first shot the room without people. That would allow a great deal of flexibility in post.

Dan

This ^^ I'm sure. It wasn't likely an after thought.

Otherwise they would have blurred out her face...or blacked out her enitire body. You would be surprised how much this is done even on billboard ads here. Why bother even having a human in the image if you are going to blur them out?!

I'm a visitor here for a short while and I must say it is an interesting place - making it difficult to photo. The younger population is predictably not as concerned with such. But when you see "jumbo-tron" digital billboard ads with blurred faces it makes you scratch your head.

TV commercials are mixed sometimes having females in full veil talking on TV - sometimes not at all...interesting.

I'll post some local photos in the street forum some day soon...but still a bit nervous about it and will not have local ladies faces to be certain. Not a political statement - I just need to keep my job/visa

Oct 02, 2012 at 03:10 AM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · IKEA catalog retouching

I would have left the woman in the picture, but her reflection in the mirror retouched out and hope nobody noticed.... until Halloween.

Oct 02, 2012 at 01:22 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password