Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · LR update for the D600
  
 
leighton w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · LR update for the D600


I know I'm waiting with bated breath for Adobe to update LR for the D600. So I thought some of you may be interested in this Twitter exchange with Jeffery Tranberry, the Product Manager for Adobe.







Oct 01, 2012 at 11:11 AM
boshek
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · LR update for the D600


Maybe they should update with any new camera of substance


Oct 02, 2012 at 10:49 AM
molson
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · LR update for the D600


boshek wrote:
Maybe they should update with any new camera of substance


They probably would, if the camera manufacturers would be more cooperative... but then again, Nikon hasn't even upgraded their own RAW converter (NX2) to be fully compatible with the D600 yet.



Oct 02, 2012 at 01:48 PM
Jammy Straub
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · LR update for the D600


It's purely academic, but if everyone would just use DNG this wouldn't be an issue at all.


Oct 02, 2012 at 03:26 PM
Steve Beck
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · LR update for the D600


Dng is a extra step of convention I don't personally have time for.


Oct 02, 2012 at 03:46 PM
Jack OBrien
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · LR update for the D600


molson wrote:
They probably would, if the camera manufacturers would be more cooperative... but then again, Nikon hasn't even upgraded their own RAW converter (NX2) to be fully compatible with the D600 yet.


Which part of NX2 isn't compatible with the D600?



Oct 02, 2012 at 06:47 PM
rioni
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · LR update for the D600


I've been using NX2 to process my D600 raw files for the last week or so.

molson wrote:
They probably would, if the camera manufacturers would be more cooperative... but then again, Nikon hasn't even upgraded their own RAW converter (NX2) to be fully compatible with the D600 yet.




Oct 02, 2012 at 07:02 PM
Diavolo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · LR update for the D600


Steve Beck wrote:
Dng is a extra step of convention I don't personally have time for.

Jammy was talking about as a standard across camera manufacturers I believe. All of these proprietary RAWs aren't good for the industry.



Oct 02, 2012 at 07:06 PM
molson
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · LR update for the D600


Jack OBrien wrote:
Which part of NX2 isn't compatible with the D600?


It still doesn't recognize the D600 picture control settings... and even if it did, it's such a poor program I wouldn't even consider using if there was a viable alternative.



Oct 03, 2012 at 12:20 AM
vchowdhary
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · LR update for the D600


molson wrote:
It still doesn't recognize the D600 picture control settings... and even if it did, it's such a poor program I wouldn't even consider using if there was a viable alternative.


So no real issue then
Good to hear

Really enjoying using Nx2 again to process D600 files.
Until LR 4 was out, I preferred the output from Nx2 enough to put up with the slower processing times over LR.



Oct 03, 2012 at 12:39 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Jack OBrien
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · LR update for the D600


molson wrote:
It still doesn't recognize the D600 picture control settings... and even if it did, it's such a poor program I wouldn't even consider using if there was a viable alternative.


I have to disagree. I just shot a couple of test pics using a modified Portrait picture control. In NX2 the settings matched what I had in camera.

Maybe I'm completely misunderstanding. Not important, not a big deal for me anyway.



Oct 03, 2012 at 02:24 AM
dj dunzie
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · LR update for the D600


I love that "poor program" I gotta admit. Many many good miles out of it. I guess it depends on your comfort level with a program, but I much prefer it to LR which I ended up deleting. Everyone is different, and that's likely a good thing.


Oct 03, 2012 at 02:27 AM
molson
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · LR update for the D600


NX2 is probably okay if you only shoot a couple of images a week and have lots of spare time on your hands, but from a workflow standpoint, it's a perfect example of why camera makers should stick to building cameras and leave software development to people who know what they're doing. It's a moot point now anyway, since Adobe just released updates to CS6 and LR4 which include D600 compatibility, so I can thankfully delete all that Nikon software again.

http://nikonrumors.com/2012/10/03/adobe-lightroom-4-2-camera-raw-7-2-released-with-support-for-the-latest-nikon-products.aspx/#more-46214

I wonder what Nikon will do now that Google has purchased Nik? Maybe future Nikon cameras will come with a proprietary version of Silkypix...



Oct 03, 2012 at 01:24 PM
rioni
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · LR update for the D600


Not a moot point yet. D600 LR support is pretty bad. I'm sticking to NX2 for now.



Oct 04, 2012 at 10:47 AM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · LR update for the D600


rioni wrote:
Not a moot point yet. D600 LR support is pretty bad. I'm sticking to NX2 for now.


Can you explain what you mean please?



Oct 04, 2012 at 10:54 AM
hjanssen
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · LR update for the D600


Steve Beck wrote:
Dng is a extra step of convention I don't personally have time for.

Just make a camera that makes DNGs instead of NEFs, CRW, ORFs etc..



Oct 04, 2012 at 11:19 AM
rioni
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · LR update for the D600


LR4 D600 RAW files look pixilated and general IQ is poor vs other established camera RAW files. Unfortunately, it looks like there is a bug modifying files over NFS with viewNX so I might be stuck with LR4 :/


leighton w wrote:
Can you explain what you mean please?




Oct 04, 2012 at 12:00 PM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · LR update for the D600


rioni wrote:
Not a moot point yet. D600 LR support is pretty bad. I'm sticking to NX2 for now.

leighton w wrote:
Can you explain what you mean please?

rioni wrote:
LR4 D600 RAW files look pixilated and general IQ is poor vs other established camera RAW files. Unfortunately, it looks like there is a bug modifying files over NFS with viewNX so I might be stuck with LR4 :/


That's odd, I'm not seeing this issue.



Oct 04, 2012 at 12:09 PM
rioni
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · LR update for the D600


I wouldn't have seen the issue either if I didn't compare the images in viewNX. Have you done that?


leighton w wrote:
That's odd, I'm not seeing this issue.




Oct 04, 2012 at 12:22 PM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · LR update for the D600


rioni wrote:
Not a moot point yet. D600 LR support is pretty bad. I'm sticking to NX2 for now.

leighton w wrote:
Can you explain what you mean please?

rioni wrote:
LR4 D600 RAW files look pixilated and general IQ is poor vs other established camera RAW files. Unfortunately, it looks like there is a bug modifying files over NFS with viewNX so I might be stuck with LR4 :/

leighton w wrote:
That's odd, I'm not seeing this issue.

rioni wrote:
I wouldn't have seen the issue either if I didn't compare the images in viewNX. Have you done that?

Looks the same to me in both.
Is it possible your update was corrupted?



Oct 04, 2012 at 12:28 PM





FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password