Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · introducing Kel - CC appreciated (image added)

danchez
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · introducing Kel - CC appreciated (image added)

took these this evening at Graham Oaks Nature Park in Wilsonville, OR

1)

2)

3)

Edited on Oct 05, 2012 at 11:59 AM · View previous versions

Sep 30, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · introducing Kel - CC appreciated (image added)

Howdy,

I see your photo post has had 260+ views and no comments from viewers...even though you asked for comments.

I know that can be disappointing and often discourages people from posting/participating in a forum like this.

So, I will post a comment or two and maybe that will get others to contribute their views too.

As with anything where a subjective view (opinion) is shared, there can be many views of the same issue or subject.

First...my standard intro to anyone "new" to me on this forum...
My comments or suggestions below are not a criticism of you, your model, your talent or skill. I offer them in a friendly tone of voice and with the sole intent to help you with a second POV and set of eyes. If you read sincere questions and simple suggestions as "criticism" of you, then you will miss how I am trying to help you.

Of course this may be your own "style" or your own "vision" and I suppose we can assume that the images look just like they do because that is exactly how you like them. That is OK too. It just shows that there are differences of "opinion" on what looks good. IF these are exactly what you want and like, then by all means continue making your images look like that and have fun doing it. I can only speak for myself and what I do or do not find appealing in the posted photos. As I always say: "Follow your own muse."

Cute kids make for great subjects.

I like natural light.

She has a nice smile.

I don't care for the poses shown in images 1 and 2.

I don't like the flare artifact crossing the body. In fact, in my opinion it ruins the shot.

I hope these comments help you. No doubt others will see things differently...and now perhaps they will take the time to post their comments too.

Oct 01, 2012 at 09:53 AM
danchez
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · introducing Kel - CC appreciated (image added)

appreciate the feedback, thanks!

Oct 01, 2012 at 07:04 PM
jdevarie
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · introducing Kel - CC appreciated (image added)

I like the images. The interaction of colors and retention of color balance is excellent. I kind of agree with Steady on the poses. The flare is a matter of taste, I kind of like it.
Good work and thanks for sharing.
I wonder what lens was used.
regards
J

Oct 01, 2012 at 08:49 PM
danchez
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · introducing Kel - CC appreciated (image added)

jdevarie wrote:

I wonder what lens was used.
regards
J

85mm 1.4D

Oct 01, 2012 at 09:29 PM
Inga
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · introducing Kel - CC appreciated (image added)

Did you also use a gold reflector on these?

Oct 01, 2012 at 09:48 PM
crfrey71
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · introducing Kel - CC appreciated (image added)

Love the tones and the poses are pleasing. I might want to compose the shots better, as to eliminate the blown out white sky.

Oct 02, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · introducing Kel - CC appreciated (image added)

The bright lighting on her hair is an issue for me. If it were less intense it would look good, but I think it "takes over" the shot and all the attention goes there rather than to the model.

#1 - the slouched over pose and the facial expression are both negatives here. Also, when you shoot wide open or near that, the background blurring looks good, but when you get too much foreground blurring it can also be a distraction. Raise the cam a bit to lessen objects so near to you or crop some off the bottom of the shot.

Oct 02, 2012 at 12:52 AM
danchez
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · introducing Kel - CC appreciated (image added)

Inga wrote:
Did you also use a gold reflector on these?

yes, good eye.

Oct 04, 2012 at 05:07 PM
jeraldcook
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · introducing Kel - CC appreciated (image added)

Overall I really like the look/processing of the photos.

#1 I don't really care for the pose and the green plant on the right stands out to me against all the golden grass.

#2 I don't really care for the pose.

#3, however, is great. I personally like the flare. If I had to nitpick a little, it would be nice if the flare across her body wasn't quite so intense and her hair wasn't blown out by the sun.

FM is a tough crowd but I'm sure the client will love them.

Oct 04, 2012 at 05:31 PM
danchez
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · introducing Kel - CC appreciated (image added)

just a quick thanks to those that have left feedback, it's appreciated, thanks!

My client loved all of them, had a hard time picking out which ones she wanted to order. I think this was her favorite though

Oct 04, 2012 at 09:37 PM
jeraldcook
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · introducing Kel - CC appreciated (image added)

danchez wrote:
My client loved all of them, had a hard time picking out which ones she wanted to order. I think this was her favorite though

I can see why. I really like #3 above but this new one might be my favorite. The bokeh in the upper right is really nice and the softer light on her face has a nicer skin tone to it. Must have skipped the reflector on this one.

Oct 04, 2012 at 10:38 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.