Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Is anyone using LR4 Book module for wedding albums?

southwoodlaker
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Is anyone using LR4 Book module for wedding albums?

Hi, Just wondering if anyone is using LR4's book module to design a wedding album? Is it an useful option or you better to use special software or a album designer? Thanks.

Sep 30, 2012 at 08:45 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Is anyone using LR4 Book module for wedding albums?

It depends on how much you want to dig in to albums. I have used it, for basic and quick reception books from the engagement sessions. But for wedding albums, I use other software. I have been using swat for client commenting and at times, using swat to design the book. But most times I will just use photoshop and fundy software to throw the book together.

LR4 has come a long way since it was first released. I think by LR5 it might be the go to tool I need for album designs.

Again, 6-8 years ago when I was doing albums for clients, they wanted the lame shit you see everywhere. Fake borders, little clip arty crap on the pages. It was lame. But thats what they wanted and thats what sold so I unfortunately did it. as the times changed since then, I have designed albums in a much simpler way. Now it is just photos on a page, maybe a thin black line as a border. Some images are faded in the background and under other photos. SO it has come a long way and I could see LR becoming the way to go foralbum designing. Until then. I wouldnt use it for wedding albums yet.

Unless anyone knows of any plugins or templates for LR. That would make it useful and a start for album designs.

Sep 30, 2012 at 09:08 PM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Is anyone using LR4 Book module for wedding albums?

I've never delivered a custom designed album to a wedding client. However, I'm fully prepared to now. I got InDesign CS6, and I've been studying up on it. From what I can tell, it's by far the most powerful and comprehensive option for layout design. Its capabilities FAR exceed anything any of us could need for wedding album designs.

Another plus side is that pretty much all the album companies systems are fully compatible with InDesign documents. The downside is of course the price of the software (unless you get it on educator discount like me.)

Sep 30, 2012 at 10:50 PM
swoop
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Is anyone using LR4 Book module for wedding albums?

The subscription rate is kinda affordable. $600 for a year of all the Adobe apps.

Sep 30, 2012 at 10:59 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Is anyone using LR4 Book module for wedding albums?

Jamesbjenkins wrote:
I've never delivered a custom designed album to a wedding client. However, I'm fully prepared to now. I got InDesign CS6, and I've been studying up on it. From what I can tell, it's by far the most powerful and comprehensive option for layout design. Its capabilities FAR exceed anything any of us could need for wedding album designs.

Another plus side is that pretty much all the album companies systems are fully compatible with InDesign documents. The downside is of course the price of the software (unless you get it on educator discount like me.)

Indesign is awesome. But you do realize that if you get audited you will get screwed hard for using educator software in a business. So I probably wouldn't advertise that. Thats like posting pictures of you smoking the good stuff on facebook.

Oct 01, 2012 at 08:55 AM
WNStudio
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Is anyone using LR4 Book module for wedding albums?

I'm planning to get a closer look at InDesign this winter, for now what I use and love is Photojunction- they have predesignet templates for almost every book company, and with a little practice you can design your own. The best part is that it's FREE. For simple, clean books this is all you need imo.

Oct 03, 2012 at 01:14 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.