Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Lastolite soft gold vs sunlite and soft silver vs white reflector

mrhoni
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lastolite soft gold vs sunlite and soft silver vs white reflector

Anyone have these and can explain the differences in results?
Thanks

Sep 30, 2012 at 04:54 PM
wapangy

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lastolite soft gold vs sunlite and soft silver vs white reflector

I have the sunlite/soft silver Lastolite and I love it. The soft silver is 50% silver and 50% white, so you get a little more light than just white but it's not as crazy bright as silver. The sunlite is 30% gold and 70% silver so you get some warmth without being too strong (I always thought pure gold was way too much). They also make sunfire which I believe is 70% gold and 30% silver. (I think "soft gold" for other brands are similar with about 50/50 gold/silver but it depends on each brand). The build quality of the Lastolite are nice too.

Sep 30, 2012 at 05:16 PM
mrhoni
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lastolite soft gold vs sunlite and soft silver vs white reflector

Lastolite has a soft gold and I wondered what was different to lastolite sunlite.

Sep 30, 2012 at 05:18 PM
wapangy

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lastolite soft gold vs sunlite and soft silver vs white reflector

They don't have soft gold for the circular ones but they do for one of the tri-grips (but they never say what combo it has on their website). I'd guess it's 50/50 but I don't have one to tell you.

Sep 30, 2012 at 05:29 PM
mrhoni
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lastolite soft gold vs sunlite and soft silver vs white reflector

Trigrips are what I'm looking at.

Sep 30, 2012 at 05:30 PM
wapangy

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lastolite soft gold vs sunlite and soft silver vs white reflector

I just looked the the detail view for the soft gold on B&H, it's 1/3 gold, and 2/3rds either silver or white (maybe white which would set it apart from sunlite).

Sep 30, 2012 at 05:30 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.