Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · GC ... Not A Bird's Eye ... file to play with

RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · GC ... Not A Bird's Eye ... file to play with

Here's the file reduced by a factor of 16 to get it to fit in the upload parameters. I went with Bicubic Smoother to relieve some of the crunchies from resizing. As you can see, I haven't even cropped it yet, so this is what I've got to work with (just 16 times as many pixels).

The second one is a 100% crop (from the 32MP file) to give you some ideal of its detail level. Not too bad for a 24mm lens and a 7 year old camera.

Sep 29, 2012 at 10:08 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · GC ... Not A Bird's Eye ... file to play with

Nice detail. Its surprising to me that you needed a 24 to do that many images for the pano.

Sep 29, 2012 at 10:37 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · GC ... Not A Bird's Eye ... file to play with

I like shooting my pano's in portrait orientation and with about 33% overlap to help minimize horizontal distortion. I could likely get by with less, but it's kinda become my standard workflow ... old dogs, new tricks kinda thing. That and I'm too lazy to change lenses.

Sep 29, 2012 at 10:45 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · GC ... Not A Bird's Eye ... file to play with

Here is a try from me. I had problems avoiding some banding or artifacts in the sky. I started over without my usually ACR steps and worked it from scratch in Photoshop. It did not want any sharpening and I had to apply most stuff with a mask that avoided the sky.

Just some curves, added contrast/darkening of the foreground, Topaz Pop and some Topaz color to get some saturation, then darkened the whole image with levels at .9

Sep 29, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · GC ... Not A Bird's Eye ... file to play with

Perhaps open the shadows with some Shadow/Highlights slider play, some color tweaks and a slight vignette?

Sep 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · GC ... Not A Bird's Eye ... file to play with

My go at it - could stand some fine tuning...

Some luminosity layers, mid-tone contrast bump, Viveza2 and ColorEfex to finish...

Bob

Sep 30, 2012 at 12:58 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · GC ... Not A Bird's Eye ... file to play with

Kent, Ran across your image and had to mess with it... First, I should note I am envious of this image... You did good... I cropped for a "More Traditional" pano look... Ran it through LR4, Nik Color efex, and Viveza... Finished off in CS5 with shadow / highlights, and selective sharpening... Hope I did not screw it up too bad... Jim

Oct 05, 2012 at 12:11 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password