New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · The child in us all

eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The child in us all

Shot this in Washington Square Park in Greenwich Village last weekend. The big fountain in the center is a magnet for relaxing and people watching. Sometimes shooting from behind reveals a lot about a person. Any pp and compostion suggestions appreciated.

© eeneryma 2012

the child in all of us

Sep 29, 2012 at 05:47 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The child in us all

Cute.
Nice to see more candid street photography.
A shallower DOF would further minimize the distraction from the others sitting in the distance. The half leg upper left might be worth cloning.
I would be tempted to go into Photoshop and blur the background.
If you shot a bit lower, closer to "eye" level the comp would be stronger.

Scott

Sep 29, 2012 at 07:40 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The child in us all

Scott:
Thanks for your great eye. Here's another effort at it, blurring the background slightly, eliminating the dangling foot, and leveling the background which I noticed was slightly off. I agree that a lower point of view would have worked better as my eye initially goes to the shaved head, not the backpack.

© eeneryma 2012

The child in all of us, take 2

Sep 29, 2012 at 09:25 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The child in us all

+1 @ possible perspective change. The extra negative space in #2 helps mitigate that a bit.

"As is" isn't overly problematic for me though. With the person having their head tilted downward, this vantage point works okay. Much lower and it might alter that in an unflattering way. For me, it isn't the backpack itself ... it is the "little kid" backpack in context of where "big kids" hang out. The haircut and earbuds tell part of the story @ the "big kid". Lowering it might improve the composition of the backpack, but it might also shift the "natural" feel to the overall scene. Either way I think has some (differing) benefit ... but, your vision of the "playful" interaction is what makes the pic.

Serendipitously, the haircut lines also point down to the backpack, and mimic the lines in the should straps and the seam lines in the jacket ... all point to the backpack.

Sep 29, 2012 at 09:51 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.