Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Newbie question: how do I buy on the used forum?

odells

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Newbie question: how do I buy on the used forum?

I don't see a "buy now" button or anything similar. Are purchases done using PMs with the seller?

Thanks,

David

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:50 AM
anthonysemone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Newbie question: how do I buy on the used forum?

David,

yes, negotiations and purchases are carried out here by direct contact with the seller by way of PM

HTH

tony

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:59 AM
odells

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Newbie question: how do I buy on the used forum?

Thank you very much. So there is really no idea to find out how much items sold for, only what the asking price was (seems obvious--no need to reply)

David

Sep 28, 2012 at 01:12 AM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Newbie question: how do I buy on the used forum?

FWIW: when I find an item I'm interested in here on the B&S board, I first look to see if the seller has indicated "asking" price, and, if so, I then go to eBay to look to see what the median price is of the item sold for over there. I also check for the selling price of the same item here on the B&S board, and, as well, check to see what the new and used prices are on BH and Adorama. When I have that info, I PM the seller and provide an offer based on those numbers.

HTH, tony

Sep 28, 2012 at 02:11 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Newbie question: how do I buy on the used forum?

And just a word to the wise, I try to avoid sellers who recently registered to the site with no feedback selling big ticket items. And stay away from paypal gift.

Sep 28, 2012 at 02:25 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Newbie question: how do I buy on the used forum?

anthonysemone wrote:
FWIW: when I find an item I'm interested in here on the B&S board, I first look to see if the seller has indicated "asking" price, and, if so, I then go to eBay to look to see what the median price is of the item sold for over there. I also check for the selling price of the same item here on the B&S board, and, as well, check to see what the new and used prices are on BH and Adorama. When I have that info, I PM the seller and provide an offer based on those numbers.
...Show more

Good advice, but keep in mind that you should only use PM regarding the price. Don't post in the original ad thread. It's against forum rules to do "price policing".

Sep 28, 2012 at 02:40 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Newbie question: how do I buy on the used forum?

+1 to BenV and Wahoowa

Sep 28, 2012 at 02:45 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password