New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Lightroom Lens Profile for Canon 8-15

zincphoto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lightroom Lens Profile for Canon 8-15

I have the latest version of Lightroom (4.1) and just picked up the Canon 8-15 fisheye.
I noticed that there this lens does not have a lens profile available in the Lens correction section.

Does anyone know if I can somehow add this or why this lens might be missing? I can understand why distortion correction wouldn't be available at the full fisheye end but it seems like there should be a profile for 15mm etc.

Thanks in advance!

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Bobster2
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lightroom Lens Profile for Canon 8-15

Apparently it exists and you can download it, according to the last two posts in this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/629199

Sep 29, 2012 at 06:27 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lightroom Lens Profile for Canon 8-15

There are many lenses that the latest version of LR don't have any lens profile for. I belive some of them will come in later versions of LR. But I also belive some will never be there. And the risk for that to happen would be greater if the lens is an uncommon or special lens.

Sep 29, 2012 at 06:29 AM
zincphoto

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lightroom Lens Profile for Canon 8-15

Thanks for the help! I figured Adobe might add the profile eventually but the profile downloader seems like a great idea in the meantime.

Sep 29, 2012 at 07:29 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.