Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Sony a99!

thorne88
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Sony a99!

Sony renders colors in a way I haven't seen before (and i've shot canon, nikon, and fuji). I currently shoot both canon and sony, but I agree with Sheri that the sony produces a unique look. Almost smoother and more sure of the look/color. Hard to explain, but I always see it in the images. I blame it on the zeiss glass

Oct 15, 2012 at 05:10 PM
ausemmao
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Sony a99!

derbarrett wrote:
Just curious.... how does the look you get from sony differ from canon?

Better colour. Sony tend to use stricter CFAs, so tend to be able to discriminate between shades the Nikons and Canons can't. Which is also why they have tended to be a bit worse at high ISO.

Oct 15, 2012 at 05:23 PM
derbarrett
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Sony a99!

ausemmao wrote:
Better colour. Sony tend to use stricter CFAs, so tend to be able to discriminate between shades the Nikons and Canons can't. Which is also why they have tended to be a bit worse at high ISO.

Looking at the review that Sheri posted... it appears that Sony has also fixed the High ISO performane as well!

Oct 15, 2012 at 05:42 PM
derbarrett
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Sony a99!

FYI.... Below is a review from a 5DM3 user.... it looks like sony hit a home run with this camera!

http://www.frankdoorhof.com/site/2012/10/sony-alpha99-preview/]

Oct 16, 2012 at 04:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

td81
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Sony a99!

Anyone looking for a A900?

Oct 16, 2012 at 05:42 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Sony a99!

derbarrett wrote:
Just curious.... how does the look you get from sony differ from canon?

sony produces a smooth creamy look, sometimes I do bump up the blacks and give a color boost, but sometimes I leave it the way it is because it looks quite awesome.... but there are some instances my sony just doesn't give me what I am looking for and canon does, but I would LOVE to try out the new a77 or the a99

Oct 16, 2012 at 06:38 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Sony a99!

thorne88 wrote:
Sony renders colors in a way I haven't seen before (and i've shot canon, nikon, and fuji).

Never used Sony but Canon colors are just so-so ... nothing to write home about.

Oct 16, 2012 at 07:22 PM
N.Cost
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Sony a99!

I used to shoot both a700 and a850. I'll be ordering the a99 as soon as it starts shipping (hate pre-orders). As long as I learn to like the EVF I will be selling the a850. Love my G and Z glass, hard to beat.

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:38 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password