Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              6       7       end

Archive 2012 · I think Canon solved the shadow recovery issue in their sensors with the...

Sneakyracer
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I think Canon solved the shadow recovery issue in their sensors with the 6D sensor!

OMG, I think Canon solved the shadow recovery issue with their sensors with the new 6D sensor...before and after pics

I think its a good example but I only had the JPG posted to work with...Looks very promising. Very clean shadows.

Sep 17, 2012 at 06:52 PM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I think Canon solved the shadow recovery issue in their sensors with the 6D sensor!

Before and after from what? Where are these pictures from?

Sep 17, 2012 at 06:53 PM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I think Canon solved the shadow recovery issue in their sensors with the 6D sensor!

Never mind, I see this is from the sample images taken off the 6D.

Sep 17, 2012 at 06:54 PM
Sneakyracer
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · I think Canon solved the shadow recovery issue in their sensors with the 6D sensor!

vsg28 wrote:
Before and after from what? Where are these pictures from?

http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/samples/eos6d/

full resolution 6D in camera jpgs

Sep 17, 2012 at 06:55 PM
Sneakyracer
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · I think Canon solved the shadow recovery issue in their sensors with the 6D sensor!

I used the shadow/highlight adjustments in CS6

Sep 17, 2012 at 06:56 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · I think Canon solved the shadow recovery issue in their sensors with the 6D sensor!

Let's get the lens cap test going

Sep 17, 2012 at 06:57 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · I think Canon solved the shadow recovery issue in their sensors with the 6D sensor!

Where is Horshack ? .

Sep 17, 2012 at 07:04 PM
bushwacker
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · I think Canon solved the shadow recovery issue in their sensors with the 6D sensor!

here we go possible issues with 6D.

1. Light leaks
2. Banding issue
3. GPS reporting wrong coordinates
4. Plastic top cover gets loose after coming from Hot countries.
5. Dead Pixels ( I saw one in Japan's samples images )
6. WiFi interfering with Pocket Wizards or Odins
7. Short Battery Life when GPS & WIFI are ON.

that's it for now.

Sep 17, 2012 at 07:12 PM
Sneakyracer
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · I think Canon solved the shadow recovery issue in their sensors with the 6D sensor!

At least any banding in the shadows. They are extremely clean.

Sep 17, 2012 at 07:13 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · I think Canon solved the shadow recovery issue in their sensors with the 6D sensor!

yeah had a play with a couple, unless they are doing something funky before we get to the jpg they do look cleaner.

Sep 17, 2012 at 07:21 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · I think Canon solved the shadow recovery issue in their sensors with the 6D sensor!

Sneakyracer wrote:
At least any banding in the shadows. They are extremely clean.

I could anticipate what certain folks will say... That shot was an in-camera JPG and who knows what it did go through for posting there.

Sep 17, 2012 at 07:24 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · I think Canon solved the shadow recovery issue in their sensors with the 6D sensor!

Shadow info is there though they havnt fudged a black level or anything.

Sep 17, 2012 at 07:39 PM
n0b0
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · I think Canon solved the shadow recovery issue in their sensors with the 6D sensor!

If it's true... In before the angry mob of 5D3 users.

Sep 17, 2012 at 07:43 PM
Steve Beck
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · I think Canon solved the shadow recovery issue in their sensors with the 6D sensor!

Strange looking halo on the left side of the trunk on the big tree on the left.

Edited on Sep 17, 2012 at 09:16 PM · View previous versions

Sep 17, 2012 at 08:08 PM
goosemang
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · I think Canon solved the shadow recovery issue in their sensors with the 6D sensor!

I like the first picture better

Sep 17, 2012 at 08:14 PM
bbasiaga
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · I think Canon solved the shadow recovery issue in their sensors with the 6D sensor!

goosemang wrote:
I like the first picture better

That's not the point. The point is Nikon can push shadows really hard. And since all the cool kids are doing it, you want to do it too.

lol!

-Brian

Sep 17, 2012 at 08:17 PM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · I think Canon solved the shadow recovery issue in their sensors with the 6D sensor!

kewlcanon wrote:
Where is Horshack ? .

Shhhhh...it's snapsy. JPEGs usually don't have enough tonal information in the shadows to properly judge banding or the lack thereof.

Sep 17, 2012 at 08:24 PM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · I think Canon solved the shadow recovery issue in their sensors with the 6D sensor!

Strange looking hallow on the left side of the trunk on the big tree on the left.

I think you meant halo. Yes, there is fringing due to poor processing of the shadows.

This is the dumbest test of a new sensors capabilities that I have seen on the Net. And I've seen a lot of them over the years.

Sep 17, 2012 at 08:24 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · I think Canon solved the shadow recovery issue in their sensors with the 6D sensor!

AGeoJO wrote:
I could anticipate what certain folks will say... That shot was an in-camera JPG and who knows what it did go through for posting there.

a jpg is cooked in so you are not lifting what the true raw darks are so it's hard to judge
certainly it doesn't show any negative for sure, but it doesn't mean they made it way better either
we will see

it would suck if they left it out of the 5D3 which really was the cam that needed it or the 1DX but at least it would give tons of hope for the 5D4, of which many kinda wonder about at this point

Sep 17, 2012 at 08:29 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · I think Canon solved the shadow recovery issue in their sensors with the 6D sensor!

C'mon admit it, we just want to be able to shoot at 1/8000th f8 and push the image in post to get out exposure.

Sep 17, 2012 at 08:30 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.