Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules ยท Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · #519 Racing Generations

Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #519 Racing Generations

I caught this family of 3 generations of racing Porsche's at the track yesterday at Road Atlanta, the oldest is trailing the younger generations...I thought it worked for "Family"...Porsche is one of the most successful, winning families of race cars in the world...and I wanted to be different for the theme this week! Thanks for looking, good luck to everyone this week.

Racing Generations

Edited on Sep 16, 2012 at 12:32 PM · View previous versions

Sep 16, 2012 at 09:44 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #519 Racing Generations

Nice take on the theme ... way better than the Periodic Table I was kickin' around.

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #519 Racing Generations

Porsche is the only reliable family I still have two 914s.

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #519 Racing Generations

RustyBug wrote:
Nice take on the theme ... way better than the Periodic Table I was kickin' around.

Thanks Kent, glad you like it.

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #519 Racing Generations

Psychic1 wrote:
Porsche is the only reliable family I still have two 914s.

I have never owned one, been in love with them since I was 8, maybe one day I will own one.

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Tenn.Jer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #519 Racing Generations

Good idea, Travis, and a good pose caught here, too; the perspective foreshortening makes a nice yellow stack-o-cars next to the curve of the road. Effective composition
Jerry

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #519 Racing Generations

Tenn.Jer wrote:
Good idea, Travis, and a good pose caught here, too; the perspective foreshortening makes a nice yellow stack-o-cars next to the curve of the road. Effective composition
Jerry

Thanks Jerry! The three yellow cars caught my eye on the formation lap, the first flyer was the only lap the lined up like this.

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #519 Racing Generations

Changed the title...in posting this morning I did not realize there was another with the same title...my apologies.

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:33 PM
relms
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #519 Racing Generations

Travis, I like it that you pushed the boundries in deciding your entry for this week's assignment. It keeps me from hanging out to dry all alone with my stick people.

I really like your entry. The three yellow Porsches give your image a strong sense of rhythm, as they flow through the curve, and the patch of green grass complements the yellow and provides balance to the scene. Very,very good composition.

If I am allowed to nit pick, I would like it brightened up about one stop.

Robert

Sep 16, 2012 at 08:34 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · #519 Racing Generations

Hi Robert, thanks for the great feedback. I was concerned that it would be too dark for some, but I wanted to emphasize the yellow, make it more dramatic and for me more dynamic. The SOOC shot was brighter, but for me it lacked the visual impact I was after...but we all see it so different...never know how it will be read.

Sep 16, 2012 at 09:21 PM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.