New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Help Please

don mash
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help Please

I have an issue and need some direction.

Camera 1d x
Shot for 11 hours today

Card Lexar Pro 1000x 16 gb

Problem (on a mac)

One of the cards when connected to the computer states NO IMAGES using LR 4, put it back in the camera and the camera says " card can't be read please format card"

I put the card into my 1d MKiv and I can see many of the photos, but can't download them. There are 1080 photos on it that I need. This is one of 4 cards that I shot today and it has two very important games that I was paid to shoot and now I can't download.

Have you ever experienced it? Can anything be done.....I have a pit in my stomach....

Can you help direct me.

Don

Sep 15, 2012 at 09:13 PM
bbasiaga
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Help Please

I think Lexar has a data recovery program you can download...try that?

Can you download by connecting the 1DIV to you computer by thether? I wasn't sure from your description above if you tried that or not

-Brian

Sep 15, 2012 at 09:37 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Help Please

I'm assuming you are using some version of Windows with a card reader or usb/firewire connection?
If yes you can use Explore to look at your drives/floders/files, do a copy n paste from the drive/card to a new folder on your hard drive...if there are files there and the CF card is okay they should copy over, if you shot raw and jpg you can view thumbnails of the images in Explore. Then use Lightroom to import your files from your new folder on the hard drive...instead of off the CF card directly.

If that doesn't work, are there any Apple stores, libraries or colleges near you, where you might find a mac/user?

My best to you, hope your images are there n stable!

Jerry

Sep 15, 2012 at 09:37 PM
JimboCin
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Help Please

Contact Lexar Tech Support. They have live, 24 hour Tech Support via Internet chat - see http://www.lexar.com/support

If you are not able to recovery the images, Lexar provides free recovery for Lexar Professional cards. The only issue is that it usually takes three to six weeks or so. Perhaps they can do it faster if pushed.

Jim

Sep 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Pete A
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Help Please

You could try this link. It is for their image recovery software: http://www.lexar.com//products/lexar-image-rescue-4-software?category=2459

Sep 16, 2012 at 03:56 AM
JimboCin
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Help Please

You should have received the Lexar recovery software on a mini CD with the CF card.

Lexar provides this with their Professional cards - no need to purchase it.

Sep 16, 2012 at 05:53 AM
don mash
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Help Please

Thank you to ALL.

Jimbo, I will contact the support, and see if they can help. I didn't save the boxes and didn't even look in them, the odd thing is that I save every stupid box and instruction to everything I own and this time I just threw them away.

On a side note, I tried everything to see the photo's every back door way I could think of, including connecting the camera directly to the computer, but it doesn't see anything.

I downloaded a recovery program called Stellarphoenix Recovery, it sees the 1708 photo's and I paid the 49 bucks to recover them, now paypal is holding up the transaction because its overseas.

thanks again for all the advice.

don

Sep 16, 2012 at 07:30 AM
don mash
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Help Please

I contacted Lexar live support and they are assisting me.

They did tell me that when you buy Lexar cards inside the box is a code to get the software downloaded for free. Note to self, next time do what you always do, save the box....

thanks again.

Sep 16, 2012 at 07:56 AM
Kathy White
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Help Please

don mash wrote:
I contacted Lexar live support and they are assisting me.

They did tell me that when you buy Lexar cards inside the box is a code to get the software downloaded for free. Note to self, next time do what you always do, save the box....

thanks again.

Wow, glad to read this. I did save my box from mine. I am going to get it and download the software.

Thanks for the info.

Sep 16, 2012 at 03:09 PM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Help Please

Note to self: Further reinforcement to NOT buy Lexar media. Their bad reputation continues. I do hope you get your shots back.

Sep 16, 2012 at 03:52 PM
bbasiaga
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Help Please

Dang it. Tossed my boxes too. Did tech support help you download the software anyway?

Sep 16, 2012 at 06:08 PM
JimboCin
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Help Please

Sarsfield wrote:
Note to self: Further reinforcement to NOT buy Lexar media. Their bad reputation continues. I do hope you get your shots back.

Every card manufacturer has card failures (including Hoodman

Lexar has 24 hour free Tech Support that actually is quite helpful. Not sure what other card manufacturers provide this.

Sep 17, 2012 at 07:07 PM
artsupreme
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Help Please

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1147804/0#10951407

Sep 17, 2012 at 07:14 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Help Please

Don, any update on your case? I hope you could recover your images. Please let us know. Thanks!

Sep 17, 2012 at 07:23 PM
don mash
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Help Please

I wanted to give an update to the debacle.

I contacted Lexar 24 hour on line tech support. Though they were helpful, I couldn't get the software until Monday when they could email the latest version. They did give me a link to the earlier version, but that wouldn't work with the new cards...go figure.

Since I had to have the card downloaded on Sunday I couldn't wait until Monday so I went ahead and purchased Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery and it worked right away. Soon after I paid and very nice (never spoke to before) a FM'er PM'ed me and offered me his code but I had already was moving forward. The software worked and I got my images back all (1800) of them.

I did notice that there was one main difference that I did on this card then any other of the 5 cards I used, and it was that I tried to use the audio note function and put something on the card to alert me that this was a shot I wanted to look at when I was editing. I am not sure if this was caused the problem but it was the only noticeable difference. I always format my cards in camera so that is not an issue.

I can tell you this was one of those things that always happens to someone else, well not anymore. Lesson learned.

Lastly, the reason that I read this site almost daily is because of the people here. I have never met any of them personally but no matter what problem I run into, I always find someone here to offer sound advice, with no price tag attached. Much appreciated. FM is a fantastic resource.

Thanks to ALL

Sep 20, 2012 at 12:44 PM
andyz
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Help Please

Have you run any tests to see if you could recreate the problem, such as make some test shots and add a voice memo?

Sep 22, 2012 at 01:05 PM
Shutterbug2006
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Help Please

A couple of days ago I had a Transcend card full of images, I cut and pasted them onto my backup drive.

Stuck the card in my 1Ds2, took one shot and headed to Wal-mart to print a 4x6. When I stuck the card in their machine, it allowed me to insert it in the wrong orientation. I felt it click when it was inserted, but the machine didn't recognize it. Removing and inserting it correctly, I was able to read and print the shot.

After re-inserting the card into my camera, the camera informed me there was no room left on the 16GB card. I couldn't view the single picture that was on it.

I went home and copied the shot off the card using the memory card reader attached to the computer, then had the camera reformat the card.

It's working fine now. I have no idea what happened, but it was a one-off.

Sep 22, 2012 at 01:15 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.