Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Brewery tips please?

smallrewards
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Brewery tips please?

Hey. Well, my buddy is opening a brewery. I am not very good at photography at the moment, been practicing over the past 9 months or so. I have a Sony Nex with some old manual lenses from the 70`s (the lenses in use here were a Carl Zeiss Jenna 35 2.4 and Canon FDn 50mm 1.4)

However, I told him I would come grab some shots every now and then through the development process and during opening for him to post on facebook. Hopefully a few will be print worthy, but not yet. At any rate, it was quite difficult for a variety of reasons. First, the lighting was very low, so I had to keep it at around ISO 1600 most of the time, and 1/50th shutter speed while running around-sometimes helping them-trying to capture shots of them while they worked. To make matters worse, they were assembling a used giant fridge or most of it, which will work fine but looks like...well...lol, used. Combine that with ladders, nails, dirt and dust everywhere and I really was limited in my ability to focus on composition, having to spend most o my time trying to find shots that didnt look so dirty. In addition, this was one of my first times using Lightroom 4, and I may have been a bit heavy handed at times. At any rate, I edited about 30 pictures, and he selected the ones he wants to put on facebook. He did not necessarily pick the ones that I would have, but its his business, so whatever.

To the point, I was thinking to get some feedback from the excellent photographers here before sending the final to him, primarily or my own education but also just to provide the best photos I can. I know you guys (to include gals) are amazing. He chose 11, some are for him to tell a story to facebook followers-so i wont post those. Thanks in advance i anyone has any tips!

1. I worked really hard on this one. Given the conditions in which this particular shot was taken I am not surprised, but I missed the focus, again! ahh, I am normally much better at nailing focus, blew it this day. lol, but i you have any tips, let me know.
original
eDSC03960 by bmglen, on Flickr
edit
finalportrait-22 by bmglen, on Flickr
2. Focus was unfortunately a reoccurring problem here, combined with motion blur it was pretty rough.
original

eDSC03701 by bmglen, on Flickr
edit
17a-12 by bmglen, on Flickr

original
eDSC03855 by bmglen, on Flickr
edit
9a-2 (1) by bmglen, on Flickr

original
eDSC03581 by bmglen, on Flickr
edit
36a-16 by bmglen, on Flickr

5. I left this one out of camera

eDSC03915 by bmglen, on Flickr

original

eDSC03948 by bmglen, on Flickr
edit
ainal-22 by bmglen, on Flickr

original
eDSC03858 (1) by bmglen, on Flickr
edit
10a-1-2 by bmglen, on Flickr

8. Finally, can anyone find a way to save this? I feel like it has potential to be interesting, but I couldnt save it, particularly with the worn look of the fridge, prior to the bleaching it will get later.

eDSC03646 by bmglen, on Flickr

Sep 15, 2012 at 01:58 AM
pinball_pw
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Brewery tips please?

Can you shoot a speedlight with that setup? If so, a bounced flash would work well in that environment.

Sep 16, 2012 at 01:02 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password