Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Image licensing (license vs sell)

Malux
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Image licensing (license vs sell)

I was contacted yesterday by a business looking to use one of my images. We agreed on a $200 and I drew up a licensing agreement (reviewed by a laywer) that gave the business rights to use the image for print and online marketing.

Today, they came back to me and increaed the price to $300 to purchase the image. I really don't want to sell the image, so I was thinking of a 2-3 year exclusive license to them).

How have you handled this before (price point, # of years), any thoughts?

Sep 13, 2012 at 08:16 PM
BluesWest
• • •
p.1 #2 · Image licensing (license vs sell)

Today, they came back to me and increaed the price to $300 to purchase the image.

What do you mean by "purchase the image"? Are they asking for a transfer of copyright? If so, you're the only one who can decide on the value of that particular piece of intellectual property.

John

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Malux
• •
p.1 #3 · Image licensing (license vs sell)

BluesWest wrote:
What do you mean by "purchase the image"? Are they asking for a transfer of copyright? If so, you're the only one who can decide on the value of that particular piece of intellectual property.

John

Hey John, they did want the copyright, but I didn't feel $300 was sufficient to give up rights to the image.

You're right, I have to come to decide what my work is worth after looking into the market. I ended up giving them a non-exclusive license to the image and will be scheduling shoot for other images they're looking for.

Sep 14, 2012 at 01:01 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password