Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules ยท Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · #518 Converge

wifi
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #518 Converge

As I was walking through a parking garage today I noticed the nice shadow lines being formed by these cables and thought it might be a good fit for this week's assignment. One of the nice things about getting a G1X recently is that I nearly always have it with me so I have more opportunities for situations like this.

I initially planned to do nearly a complete silhouette on the B&W conversion, but then decided to add back in a little tone. I found the trees to the right a little distracting, so if I have time tomorrow, I may go back to the same garage but one floor up (and with the 5D) to try this again.

As an added bonus to the Geometric theme, I noticed that after darkening the shadows, a triangle was formed by the pillar, roof and their shadows. I"ll try not to cut the top of the triangle off if I re-take this now that I know it's there .

Converge

Edited on Sep 11, 2012 at 08:06 AM · View previous versions

Sep 10, 2012 at 11:50 PM
twistedlim
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #518 Converge

Stunning! Well done!

Sep 11, 2012 at 05:41 AM
ruuskan
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #518 Converge

The converging lines work for me!

Sep 11, 2012 at 12:02 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #518 Converge

Nice!

Sep 11, 2012 at 12:03 PM
wifi
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #518 Converge

Thanks for all the kind remarks.

I did go back today to try this shot again one floor up. The good news is that the trees were now mostly gone at this height. Unfortunately, there was now a mixture of tree-tops and buildings in view, which looked even worse IMO. And since the time was about an hour sooner, the shadows weren't right - so I'm sticking with my original post.

Good luck to all the entrants this week!

Sep 11, 2012 at 10:47 PM
prasanna
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #518 Converge

Very nice shadows and details..

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.