FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Yosemite extends hantavirus warning. Death toll rises

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Yosemite extends hantavirus warning. Death toll rises

Canon 5D Mark III   17mm TS-E   f/10   1/4s   ISO 100*
From the LA Times:
"Officials at Yosemite National Park plan to notify about 6,000 additional people who stayed in the park's High Sierra camps this summer after a man backpacking through the area was sickened by hantavirus.

The California man's case is unique, Gediman said, because he did not stay in the "signature tent cabins" in Curry Village, a popular park campground located well away from the High Sierra camps. The seven other cases are believed to have originated in Curry Village."

Read the entire article

Edited on Sep 08, 2012 at 07:08 PM

Sep 06, 2012 at 07:52 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Yosemite extends hantavirus warning. Death toll rises

Very unfortunate. Best wishes to all affected for a speedy and full recovery.

Sep 07, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Sneakyracer
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Yosemite extends hantavirus warning. Death toll rises

Wow, I went to Yosemite in mid June for a few days and had no clue that there was any danger regarding the hantavirus. In fact, I had o clue about the virus. Just learned about it now by googling it.

I did stay in one of the Ahwanee cabins in the back of the hotel (for half price since the a/c was not working).

I am very aware of the dangers of mice/rat urin/feces since I know a few people that have gotten leptospirosis. One of them even died. I do live in the tropics and its a problem year round. Its a different disease than the hantavirus but also deadly.

Sep 07, 2012 at 07:51 PM
EltonTeng
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Yosemite extends hantavirus warning. Death toll rises

I don't know why anyone would want to stay in those tents. They are packed like sardines and no privacy whatsoever.

Sep 08, 2012 at 06:40 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Yosemite extends hantavirus warning. Death toll rises

EltonTeng wrote:
I don't know why anyone would want to stay in those tents. They are packed like sardines and no privacy whatsoever.

smell of the pines and pancakes cooking the morning (granted the Stellar's Jays swoop down and pluck them off the stove before anyone actually gets to eat them but that is beside the point )

Sep 22, 2012 at 02:08 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.