New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · blurring boundary between two layers

erosebud

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · blurring boundary between two layers

I've done very little with Elements 10, but I've spent a lot of time with Kelby and other sources trying to address this problem: I have a nice photo of a bighorn ram, a telephoto shot with a naturally out of focus background--a clifftop fringed by pines with sky behind. The sky was overcast, so I did a blue gradient that (thanks to Elements) looks great except for one flaw. A single tall tree on the horizon became a kind of boundary between the two automatically selected fill layers, one left of the tree and one to the right. Though the tree has blue sky on either side, and its edges are appropriately blurred, running down the center of the tree is a bright, more or less vertical line roughly where the layers meet. It's a few pixels wide, but would be visible at print size. I've tried smudging and blurring and cloning to no avail. I can't seem to get the offending pixels to change color and be less obtrusive, even if I try working on a few at a time. I think there's some fundamental I don't grasp about these layers, or some technique or tool that I don't know about. Can anyone suggest what I'm missing?

Sep 06, 2012 at 05:23 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.