Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Which external monitor for rmbp

zenkizero

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Which external monitor for rmbp

I just recently got the retina macbook pro for University. I really want to get a 27 inch monitor for post production using photoshop, lightroom etc. I was at first thinking of just going for the thunderbolt display but it would have been nice to have a monitor with hdmi so that I can play/watch stuff on my xbox. My priority is getting the best monitor I can for photography for around about the thunderbolt price. I'm not totally against the thunderbolt display if it is the best. I have been looking at the Dell ultrasharps but the ammount of negativity towards the anti glare coatings throw me off. What do you guys reccomend?

Sep 05, 2012 at 01:34 AM
Brit-007
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Which external monitor for rmbp

If you can control the direct light from hitting the monitor then the Thunderbolt is the best display. I have the pre thunderbolt and the sharpness and the resolution is just way better than a Dell.

Sep 06, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Keith B.
• • •
p.1 #3 · Which external monitor for rmbp

The approx $900 Apple display appears to be comparable to any other $900 display. If you don't mind spending $1600 for an NEC PA271, then you can make the next step up.

Sep 07, 2012 at 02:43 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

lukeb
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Which external monitor for rmbp

Keith B. wrote:
The approx $900 Apple display appears to be comparable to any other $900 display. If you don't mind spending $1600 for an NEC PA271, then you can make the next step up.

+1 on the NEC!

Sep 07, 2012 at 02:59 AM
zenkizero

p.1 #5 · Which external monitor for rmbp

the NEC is tempting. Im looking at the thunderbolt though. Such a hard decision

Sep 07, 2012 at 04:24 PM
maxx9photo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Which external monitor for rmbp

I like the dell U2711, no complain so far. Shop around on Amazon, they sometimes have it for $725, Plus Dell covers for 3 years warranty.

Sep 10, 2012 at 08:11 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password