1       2       3      
       5              18       19       end

Archive 2012 · Fall Color 2012

Matt Anderson
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Fall Color 2012

saaketham wrote:
Oh .. so the weekend of 22nd is the best time. Darn it .. my gf's orchestra has a performance on that very date. Gaah.

If your girlfriends schedule is interfering with your photographic passion, it's time to move on.
Next thing you know a 9-5, kids, mortgage, and many other things will pile on.
One day you'll be overwhelmed, frustrated, possibly angry, and desperate to find that which was right there in the beginning... a cup of life that you hadn't filled to the rim with obligations, commitments, and status quo "necessities".

If you like, I could save you from all that. It requires one plane ticket and a decent beer. I'll fly out and slap you good, knocking you out of the hypnotic trance that starts it all....

Sep 12, 2012 at 07:47 PM
coferg
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Fall Color 2012

Hats - Yes! Hey Fred - we need a 'hat design' contest! But in the meantime, I'll be hangin around with my Denver Zoo cap. Good Shooting everyone. -Jim

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:27 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Fall Color 2012

Matt Anderson wrote:
If your girlfriends schedule is interfering with your photographic passion, it's time to move on.
Next thing you know a 9-5, kids, mortgage, and many other things will pile on.
One day you'll be overwhelmed, frustrated, possibly angry, and desperate to find that which was right there in the beginning... a cup of life that you hadn't filled to the rim with obligations, commitments, and status quo "necessities".

If you like, I could save you from all that. It requires one plane ticket and a decent beer. I'll fly out and slap you good, knocking you out of the hypnotic
...Show more

Hey Anil.... Matt speaks very sound advice here... any man who would consider going to listen to a girlfriends orchestra compared to the orchestra of nature with the fall colors... you need an intervention... I will be there with Matt to save you before it's too late....

Jim

Sep 13, 2012 at 02:21 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Fall Color 2012

garyroach wrote:
I'll be in Colorado 9/16 - 9/28 from RMNP to Telluride. I'm sure there will be plenty of FMers there. We need hats or something.

Ha ha... yeah... there were some hats... or was it pins that Fred had done years and years ago. I never got one, but I know some of the old old oldtimers like Sunny have them...

Hats are a great idea... as long as they are good Baseball type hats and not some dorky looking hat...

Sep 13, 2012 at 02:23 AM
garyroach
• • • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Fall Color 2012

I'd vote for an unstructured baseball hat. Maybe an FM logo like the TW logo on Tiger Woods hat. Or some sort of round patch sewn onto the hat. And the design on the hat could change every few years like Patagonia changes the design on their t-shirts.

Just killin time speculating on hats til my flight to Colorado. But, it would be nice to have an FM hat.

Sep 13, 2012 at 08:09 AM
saaketham
• • • • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Fall Color 2012

Matt / Jim ... ...

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:54 AM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Fall Color 2012

JimFox wrote:
Hey Anil.... Matt speaks very sound advice here... any man who would consider going to listen to a girlfriends orchestra compared to the orchestra of nature with the fall colors... you need an intervention... I will be there with Matt to save you before it's too late....

Jim

You guys are fighting a losing battle. In "A man needs a Maid" Niel Young sings
" I was thinking that
maybe I'd get a maid
Find a place nearby
for her to stay.
Just someone
to keep my house clean,
Fix my meals and go away.

A maid. A man needs a maid. A maid."

but the song ends with "When will I see you again?" Seems this companionship girlfriend thing just can't be avoided seems we need more than just a maid.

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:32 AM
saaketham
• • • • •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Fall Color 2012

I wonder how some of those guys over there in the desert handle 4 wives.

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Bsmooth
• • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Fall Color 2012

Well here in New England, I saw a few "traces" of color in Vermont last weekend. I hate to say this, but with the weather we've had here this summer, I don't think were going to get a lot of color this year, very much like last year. I sure do hope I'm wrong though.

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:40 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Fall Color 2012

saaketham wrote:
I wonder how some of those guys over there in the desert handle 4 wives.

Yeah, I can't imagine... That many would drive a man insane...

Sep 13, 2012 at 01:18 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · Fall Color 2012

WAYCOOL wrote:
You guys are fighting a losing battle. In "A man needs a Maid" Niel Young sings
" I was thinking that
maybe I'd get a maid
Find a place nearby
for her to stay.
Just someone
to keep my house clean,
Fix my meals and go away.

A maid. A man needs a maid. A maid."

but the song ends with "When will I see you again?" Seems this companionship girlfriend thing just can't be avoided seems we need more than just a maid.

Now, there is truth to that...

Sep 13, 2012 at 01:20 PM
saaketham
• • • • •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · Fall Color 2012

So is Colorado useless for fall colors after the weekend of Sep 22nd?

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:26 AM
garyroach
• • • •
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · Fall Color 2012

We see photos of hillsides with stands of aspen already turned yellow. Are these areas just a small part of the stands that have yet to turn or are they representative of all the stands? Thanks.

Sep 14, 2012 at 01:03 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · Fall Color 2012

garyroach wrote:
We see photos of hillsides with stands of aspen already turned yellow. Are these areas just a small part of the stands that have yet to turn or are they representative of all the stands? Thanks.

Small bits. I was just in the mountains two days ago. There are small stands turning, but not everything. However, that will happen fast, when it does. They are all interconnected. Probably within the next 10 days... Snooze ya lose...

Sep 14, 2012 at 02:22 PM
garyroach
• • • •
p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · Fall Color 2012

I fly out Sunday. Can't wait to get there.

Sep 14, 2012 at 02:53 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.4 #16 · p.4 #16 · Fall Color 2012

saaketham wrote:
So is Colorado useless for fall colors after the weekend of Sep 22nd?

Not useless, but the Bells will probably be gone or right at peak then. I would think that there would still be color in other parts. Will you not be able to make it there till the 28th? I am sure a bunch of us will still be floating around then, we all just need to keep updated on where the color is popping at.

Jim

Sep 14, 2012 at 06:18 PM
Steve Shinn
• •
p.4 #17 · p.4 #17 · Fall Color 2012

Just got back from Breckenridge, the Aspens are going into their show very nicely.

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=16456438&size=lg

You should have a fine time!

Sep 14, 2012 at 06:41 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.4 #18 · p.4 #18 · Fall Color 2012

Well, I just got a call a few minutes ago from a friend in Crested Butte who said all the hotels are filled with leaf peepers and the colors are really turning right now. He's not a photographer so his definition may not be ours, but something is happening.

This is Crested Butte the morning of 09-15-2012 my friend took with his iPhone...

http://ckcarr.smugmug.com/photos/i-hQmqM2L/0/XL/i-hQmqM2L-XL.jpg

Sep 14, 2012 at 09:49 PM
mco_970
• • • • •
p.4 #19 · p.4 #19 · Fall Color 2012

Happy snap of the color between Durango and Silverton (view of Molas Pass) from my color scouting drive today.

http://www.redwrench.com/2012/Cy28/_DSC0305-Edit.jpg

Sep 15, 2012 at 05:27 PM
garyroach
• • • •
p.4 #20 · p.4 #20 · Fall Color 2012

Thanks for the report Michelle. Looks great. I'll be in Denver tomorrow and Ouray/Telluride later in the week. Did you drive from Silverton to Ouray? That part of the Million Dollar Highway would scare the bejezus out of me!

Sep 15, 2012 at 06:51 PM
1       2       3      

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.