Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Canon 1DX Firmware v1.0.6 available for download!

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon 1DX Firmware v1.0.6 available for download!

Firmware Version 1.0.6 incorporates the following fixes:
  1. Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF Microadjustment cannot be correctly carried out.
  2. Fixes a phenomenon such that when using the camera with combinations of certain lens *1) and extender *2) the images captured become back-focused.
    *1) EF 70-200m f/2.8L IS II USM or EF200mm f/2L IS USM
    When used with
    *2) Extender EF 1.4x III or Extender EF 2x III
  3. Fixes a phenomenon in which, when the camera is powered on in very dark environments (including instances when the lens cap or the body cap is attached), Error 80 appears on the camera.
  4. Fixes the following phenomenon: if two CF cards are inserted into the camera and the "Standard" or "Auto switch card" settings is selected for the recording method for [Record func+card/folder sel.], and then one of the CF cards is removed and then reinserted into the card slot, the card selected for recording and playing back images may be switched to the other CF Card.
  5. Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF microadjustment value is not correctly displayed in the EXIF information of the images captured.
  6. Displays a "O" or "X" result to indicate whether images have been successfully transferred through the FTP protocol when using the FTP protocol when using the WFT-E6 Wireless File Transmitter.
Download it from the Drivers and Software page.

Aug 28, 2012 at 12:52 AM
altenae1234

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon 1DX Firmware v1.0.6 available for download!

Well I had the error 80 outside in the daylight without the lenscap on.
Hopefully it wil also fix my error 80.

Edward

Aug 28, 2012 at 02:05 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon 1DX Firmware v1.0.6 available for download!

Hmm my 5D III experiences a similar problem as addressed by 4. When you have both an SD and CF card inserted and you have auto switch enabled, when you take out the CF card say, and reinsert it, by default the camera will now write to the SD card and catch you unawares the first time. It's a bit annoying to always have to go in to the menu and tell it it to use the CF card again.

Hopefully next 5D III FW addresses this issue. For now I turn off auto switch as my CF card is large enough it's not likely I'll overflow.

Aug 28, 2012 at 02:09 AM
holmespun
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon 1DX Firmware v1.0.6 available for download!

Thanks for posting this. I did have issues with my 1DX locking up the first time I used it, and hopefully this will fix that.

Aug 28, 2012 at 06:40 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon 1DX Firmware v1.0.6 available for download!

Pixel Perfect wrote:
Hmm my 5D III experiences a similar problem as addressed by 4. When you have both an SD and CF card inserted and you have auto switch enabled, when you take out the CF card say, and reinsert it, by default the camera will now write to the SD card and catch you unawares the first time. It's a bit annoying to always have to go in to the menu and tell it it to use the CF card again.

Hopefully next 5D III FW addresses this issue. For now I turn off auto switch as my CF card is
...Show more

I think my mk iii did and my mkivs do something similar.

If I take out the card but do not close the hatch I can inset a new card just fine. When intake out the card and close te hatch I have to tell the camera that playback isn't on the ad card.

Aug 28, 2012 at 06:57 AM
Will Patterson
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon 1DX Firmware v1.0.6 available for download!

Yes!!! I was waiting for this!!

Aug 28, 2012 at 08:40 AM
PatrickDixon10
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon 1DX Firmware v1.0.6 available for download!

I have followed the Canon "how To Upgrade Firmware" but have run into many problems.

Maybe someone here can "walk me through" what you do AFTER extracting the zip files. It works fine on my 5D3 but not here(the upgrading procedure).
It seems when I insert my CF card and try to send to 1Dx, I do not see the .FIR file on the 1Dx Menus screen yet it is on the CF card(the 38+K file).
Thanks!
Patrick

Edited on Aug 28, 2012 at 04:51 PM · View previous versions

Aug 28, 2012 at 04:43 PM
Photon
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon 1DX Firmware v1.0.6 available for download!

I had not experienced a lockup or error until today, when it became unresponsive in the middle of daylight shooting. Removing the battery for a moment fixed it, then a bit later I got an error 80. The only thing set differently from my various normal ways of shooting was that I decided to try full-area auto AF point selection, thinking the face detection and color sensitive AF could help with what I was shooting.

I hope the firmware has some helpful effect for all who have experienced lockups or error codes, whether or not our circumstances match the ones described as being "fixed".

The other fixes are also welcome, particularly #4.

Aug 28, 2012 at 04:50 PM
Photon
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon 1DX Firmware v1.0.6 available for download!

PatrickDixon10 wrote:
I have followed the Canon "how To Upgrade Firmware" but have run into many problems.

Maybe someone here can "walk me through" what you do AFTER extracting the zip files. It works fine on my 5D3 but not here(the upgrading procedure).
It seems when I insert my CF card and try to send to 1Dx, I do not see the .FIR file on the 1Dx Menus screen yet it is on the CF card(the 38+K file).
Thanks!
Patrick

The FW is a 33 MB file!

Aug 28, 2012 at 04:55 PM
rgold1963
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon 1DX Firmware v1.0.6 available for download!

It was the longest firmware upgrade ever! I thought there was a problem as it sat at 24% for several minutes. Really need the camera tomorrow too so I was a bit nervous but it went through and everything is working fine.

Aug 28, 2012 at 05:08 PM
ifxbonz
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canon 1DX Firmware v1.0.6 available for download!

WHAT ! Nothing to do with AF zone lighting in ai servo ? ? ?

bummer.......BIG bummer!

Andy

Aug 28, 2012 at 07:23 PM
Will Patterson
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Canon 1DX Firmware v1.0.6 available for download!

ifxbonz wrote:
WHAT ! Nothing to do with AF zone lighting in ai servo ? ? ?

bummer.......BIG bummer!

Andy

They're not going to ever do that because it screws with the metering of the camera.

Aug 28, 2012 at 08:07 PM
BobnJake
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Canon 1DX Firmware v1.0.6 available for download!

I agree that I was getting VERY nervous at the 23-24% mark. Seemed like it took forever. But everything proceeded just fine
Bob

Aug 28, 2012 at 08:45 PM
PatrickDixon10
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Canon 1DX Firmware v1.0.6 available for download!

PatrickDixon10 wrote:

Thanks!
Patrick

Got it thanks to Canon...There ARE issues with the Windows 64 version download with certain files using the latest WinZip version.

Aug 29, 2012 at 09:56 AM
rtrainer

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Canon 1DX Firmware v1.0.6 available for download!

PatrickDixon10 wrote:
Got it thanks to Canon...There ARE issues with the Windows 64 version download with certain files using the latest WinZip version.

I had no problems doing the upgrade with laptop running Windows 7 64 bit. I do not use WinZip as there are a lot of better free alternatives.

Aug 29, 2012 at 01:43 PM
Will Patterson
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Canon 1DX Firmware v1.0.6 available for download!

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, no problems, hung at 23% also.

Aug 29, 2012 at 03:35 PM
James Cripps
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Canon 1DX Firmware v1.0.6 available for download!

Thank you, Fred, for posting this!

Aug 30, 2012 at 02:49 PM
Artstar

p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Canon 1DX Firmware v1.0.6 available for download!

Guys, it doesn't hang at 23%. The flashing process itself is quite involved so it is working while it appears hung/frozen, it's far from it.

Sep 03, 2012 at 05:09 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.