New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · The Violin

Oregon Gal
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Violin

A shot taken in natural light. C & C appreciated.

Aug 27, 2012 at 11:59 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Violin

Hi Barbara ... been a while, I hope all is well, and you're keepin' the coffee warm.

Took a stab at it ... not quite sure what I'd do (gotta chew on it a bit more) just yet, but here's some tweaks that I "evolved" into. Still ... it hasn't quite "hit me" on this one.

I guess the thing that is catching my attention is how the very soft light is leaving things a bit flat. The violin is full of detail, contour & depth in different planes, but the lighting is kinda "hiding" those wonderful character features, etc. I tried to bring out a few of the more central ones, while suppressing some of the perimeter ones a bit.

Aug 28, 2012 at 09:23 AM
Oregon Gal
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Violin

It's been a busy summer but not necessarily a photo friendly summer. Hoping to get up to Astoria this week for my first photo outing of the summer. Coffee always fresh and hot

Looking at your re-work I noticed you added a slight crop and a boost in saturation. It appears that you may have done a little dodging on the center of the violin as well. The violin has added dimension and depth, which was lacking from the original image. A lovely re-work by the way. Thank you for taking the time.

Aug 28, 2012 at 09:54 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.