New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · AF ideai

Bullseye5d2
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · AF ideai

I was shooting the other day with my 5d2 and I'm using back button AF, and I was just thinking, wouldn't it be cool if you had 2 AF back buttons, one for single shot AF and the other for AI servo...

I've missed pictures in the past because I wasn't able to switch between the 2 modes quickly enough...

Aug 26, 2012 at 03:40 PM
snapsy
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · AF ideai

Bullseye5d2 wrote:
I was shooting the other day with my 5d2 and I'm using back button AF, and I was just thinking, wouldn't it be cool if you had 2 AF back buttons, one for single shot AF and the other for AI servo...

I've missed pictures in the past because I wasn't able to switch between the 2 modes quickly enough...

I like the idea, but a better solution IMO is for AI servo to work equally well for static and moving targets...which may actually be the case with the 1DX/5DM3 although I've never ventured to try it.

Aug 26, 2012 at 03:42 PM
Photon
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · AF ideai

snapsy wrote:
I like the idea, but a better solution IMO is for AI servo to work equally well for static and moving targets...which may actually be the case with the 1DX/5DM3 although I've never ventured to try it.

With 1D series cams, I've tended to stay in servo even for static shots, unless I have plenty of time to switch. The 1DX allows you to program a custom button to switch between one shot and servo, but I use it for other things and mostly stay in servo. With the 5D Mk III, I tend to use live view for static subjects and servo AF otherwise. I'm quite used to removing my thumb when I know I have focus, so if I do a minor recompose, it's no problem.

Aug 26, 2012 at 03:49 PM
TeamSpeed
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · AF ideai

The 7D allows you to reconfigure the DOF button to switch you to AI Servo, allowing you to be in One Shot most of the time until you hit the DOF. That is pretty close to what you are requesting.

Aug 26, 2012 at 04:33 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.