Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

Archive 2012 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

Jefferson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

gdanmitchell wrote:
There are many who believe that when there could be a risk to the front element, such as from hazardous or dangerous materials flying about, that it is a fine idea to a protective UV filter. Consider this.

Given that the time between your first shot and the point when the subject acquires his/her target may be rather limited, it could be advantageous to have a camera with a very high burst mode rate and deep buffer to ensure that you are able to capture sufficient frames

I remember reading somewhere that the 1Dx has a habit of locking up and the battery would have to be removed and then reinstalled to be able to continue shooting….hard to execute that maneuver smoothly while running and dodging foreign objects…also, wouldn’t a protective UV filter adversely affect IQ?

Aug 23, 2012 at 10:20 PM
carlsbadbum
• • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

This is a joke right? who is paying for the photos? wife or husband? Most of the time the wedding album and all photos go to the fireplace so why more photos. There's no market for photographers in a divorce, gun dealers and hitman already corner that market.

Aug 23, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Jefferson
• • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

Photon wrote: Consider that the ex-husband's "friends" may want pictures of his former wife.

They may already have them..which may be the inspiration that brings on this business opportunity

Aug 23, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Jefferson
• • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

carlsbadbum wrote:
This is a joke right? who is paying for the photos? wife or husband? Most of the time the wedding album and all photos go to the fireplace so why more photos. There's no market for photographers in a divorce

That’s why I print on stainless steel with high temperature infused inks…even the ex-husbands friends don’t have those…

Back later...got to go to the beer store...

Aug 23, 2012 at 10:37 PM
RCicala
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

Best.
Thread.
In.
Years.

Aug 23, 2012 at 10:41 PM
PKuglin
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

How about a gun camera (and the attached mini-gun) from a F-14 or similar. Cheaper than a divorce - at least mine...

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:11 PM
fredmaurer
• •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

I see a Reality TV show plot in this thread!
"Dog the Bounty Hunter", "Billy the Exterminator", "Jefferson, Divorce Photographer"

Go for it!

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Gary Petersen
• • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

As far away as you can get! Prayer would help too. This would do both as it's the Pope Scope on Mt. Graham in Arizona. I'm sure some one makes an adapter.

© Gary Petersen 2012

Pope Scope

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Chumma
• •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

I am waiting for the pictures. When can we see them?

Aug 24, 2012 at 02:01 AM
Jefferson
• • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

Hubble is definitely out…last time I hacked into it to get some pics of a nude beach in Fla., I got six months…$12,000 fine and a severe warning…

But the Pope Scope…I heard great things about it…may be useful

Aug 24, 2012 at 02:24 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

skibum5
• • • • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

carlsbadbum wrote:
This is a joke right? who is paying for the photos? wife or husband? Most of the time the wedding album and all photos go to the fireplace so why more photos. There's no market for photographers in a divorce, gun dealers and hitman already corner that market.

no, no joke
never a more serious photo topic ever

who pays for the shots in the end? well that is to be determined at the proceedings (and ironically, arguments about who will pay for the divorce proceeding photos is actually what leads to most divorces in the first place*)

* pg 666, May, 2008 - "The Journal of Divorce Proceedings"

Aug 24, 2012 at 03:23 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

just use a P&S

Aug 24, 2012 at 09:33 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

Any broken lens will do a divorce session... Preferably, lite weight as it could become a projectile...

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:30 AM
campyone
• •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

Great marketing idea for a wedding photographer - tell them that if they hire you to shoot the wedding you'll give them a 50% discount on the divorce photos.

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:59 PM
outlawyer
• • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

Many attorneys' offices have a "fee couch" to help defray the costs for attractive divorcees.

Aug 24, 2012 at 01:06 PM
abqnmusa
• • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

are you photographing the after divorce celebration?

Divorce may be expensive; but worth the cost.

Aug 24, 2012 at 03:15 PM
Jefferson
• • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

abqnmusa wrote:
are you photographing the after divorce celebration?

Divorce may be expensive; but worth the cost.

“After Divorce” photography is a whole different animal, usually with a different set of people that have a much better attitude toward the photographer…and a whole lot more fun

I have over the years, learned to look at women I meet as potential ex-wives from the get-go, and get a general feel for later malice and how it would be expressed, mostly towards me, at a later date…helps keep thoughts of marriage away…

Remember…Divorce is the F#%*ing you get for the F#%*ing you got…Truly words to live by…

Jefferson

Aug 24, 2012 at 04:20 PM
Gary Petersen
• • • • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

outlawyer wrote:
Many attorneys' offices have a "fee couch" to help defray the costs for attractive divorcees.

Aug 24, 2012 at 04:27 PM
RCicala
• • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

My best friend had good advice when I was thinking about getting remarried:

"Just find a woman you hate and buy her a house. Same end result."

Aug 24, 2012 at 05:17 PM
whitewash

p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

Oooooh... I was just reading on the wedding forum about "morning after" photos. I can imagine there'd be a huge market for those in the divorce genre. You could probably sell large prints to be used as gifts from one half of the happy ex-couple to the other! I'm thinking complete coverage would usually require a second shooter, though.

Aug 24, 2012 at 07:21 PM
1       2      
       4       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password