Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Archive 2012 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

Jefferson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

I may have the opportunity to shoot a friends divorce proceedings in the near future…rather than taking the chance of having an expensive lens such as a 35L…50L…or 85L destroyed by flying objects, I was thinking more along the lines of the 500 f/4L, on a 1.6 crop body, for the serving of the divorce papers, as that should give me a safe distance from flying objects at the time of the serve….and maybe a rented 800 f/5.6L for the “finals”, understanding the subject has a pretty good arm and a firearms permit…of course, insurance will be in play to cover any loses both to equipment and bodily injury…

I can’t use the 1200 f/5.6 because SI said no and it is too hard to run with will seeking cover…

Any reasonable suggestions would be appreciated,
Jefferson

Aug 23, 2012 at 03:11 AM
brockwhittaker
• • •
p.1 #2 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

This is a thing?! Anyways, I'm thinking 800mm is much too close. I'd try to find the 1200mm if I were you and but a 2x adapter on it. Then mount it on the V1 and shoot from the next state.

Aug 23, 2012 at 03:20 AM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

Cant you source a divorce housing (kevlar/saphire) and get closer?

Aug 23, 2012 at 03:21 AM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

Just mount a GoPro on the head of whoever is serving the papers...

Aug 23, 2012 at 03:23 AM
Angry
• • •
p.1 #5 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

Body armour & a 1200.....

Aug 23, 2012 at 03:32 AM
onegreatcity
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

If she's anything like my ex, may I suggest the Hubble?

Aug 23, 2012 at 03:34 AM
Jefferson
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

I’m currently working on the possibility of obtaining a Bradley Fighting Vehicle from one of the local Guard units…Might get some close-ups in a fast drive by as long as she doesn't have any more HEAT rounds...

Aug 23, 2012 at 03:37 AM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

If this is a legit asking, rent a camcorder with a good reach; lens and mic (a directional is best), rent a fast vehicle; 4-door with tinted windows, get a window mount and place it on the backseat window; facing the serveeeee and do a drive-by as the papers are served.

Oh ya, a set of golf clubs (in bag) or some other sports crap or a surfboard in the front passenger seat (to deflect flying objects/bullets, etc) and a pair of cheap sunglasses...just because!

Happy hunting, video and sound gets them every time

Aug 23, 2012 at 03:39 AM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

A MH-6j / AH-6j Little Bird helicopter with a steady cam? Or maybe one of those special forces stealth MH-60s? I guess the concern would be RPGs...

Aug 23, 2012 at 03:51 AM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

Jefferson wrote:
I may have the opportunity to shoot a friends divorce proceedings in the near future…rather than taking the chance of having an expensive lens such as a 35L…50L…or 85L destroyed by flying objects, I was thinking more along the lines of the 500 f/4L, on a 1.6 crop body, for the serving of the divorce papers, as that should give me a safe distance from flying objects at the time of the serve….and maybe a rented 800 f/5.6L for the “finals”, understanding the subject has a pretty good arm and a firearms permit…of course, insurance will be in play to
...Show more

For something this important make sure to have six backup bodies in case the others break and you miss THE moment and the ex-couple ends up hating you forever. And get your printer ready. They will likely want some 19" prints to remember this by.

Aug 23, 2012 at 03:55 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

alfarmer
• • • •
p.1 #11 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

Lots of expensive lenses, since that's what can cause it.

Aug 23, 2012 at 03:56 AM
Photon
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

alfarmer wrote:
Lots of expensive lenses, since that's what can cause it.

Yeah, my first thought was "400 L Mk II" as the case would be small enough to hide in any closet and the charge bill would be large enough to precipitate a divorce case. "Came out of the closet, and my wife demanded a divorce."

Aug 23, 2012 at 04:59 AM
Photon
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

By the way, Jefferson, have you run out of ideas for serious thread topics? Maybe it really is time for you to upgrade that 5D to something newer, or at least more controversial! Don't you want a 1D III that doesn't seem to have a blue or white dot in the battery compartment?

Aug 23, 2012 at 05:03 AM
ggOk
• • •
p.1 #14 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

make sure to carry a Canon S100 in your sock under your left leg. Consealed camera is a must for project like this one.

Andy

Aug 23, 2012 at 05:12 AM
whitewash

p.1 #15 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

Congratulations to the happy couple! Don't forget the proper attire and a suitable camera support. Here's a suggestion.

Aug 23, 2012 at 06:07 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

Use a Nikon.

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:44 PM
mikeinctown
• •
p.1 #17 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

LMAO at this thread. Thank you for the Thursday humor.

FWIW they don't serve papers. They get mailed, or at least mine did. And I doubt the judge would let you photograph anything, which normally happens well off into the future. I think mine was over 8 months and we agreed on everything. I think the lawyers wanted to make more money...

Aug 23, 2012 at 02:34 PM
outlawyer
• • •
p.1 #18 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

The Motel 6 Telephoto Prenuptial Edition.

Aug 23, 2012 at 02:37 PM
abqnmusa
• • • •
p.1 #19 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

maybe wear Kevlar and a helmet for protection. I suggest live view mode when you have the helmet on.

If he is getting a divorce he will have a big smile. So make sure your lens can record it well.

He knows in the future he can buy camera equipment as he likes.

Edited on Aug 23, 2012 at 06:13 PM · View previous versions

Aug 23, 2012 at 02:59 PM
Richard Nye
• • • •
p.1 #20 · Lens Advice for Divorce Photos

Maybe try the Hubble telescope from space?

Aug 23, 2012 at 03:51 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password