Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · To eyeglass wearers, question
  
 
Guari
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · To eyeglass wearers, question


I'm sorry I knot this is very off topic but I am not a member of any eye forums

Do you guys feel your eyeglasses distort your field of view?

I got prescriptions for nearsightedness today. While I can now see very sharply, I feel my field of view is now distorted by the lenses, like if the focal plane of the glasses was out of alignment with my eyes. I am seeing keystoning and it makes me a bit tipsy, near-far relations are a bit skewed, kind of like WA distortions.

The lenses were made at a major & leading UK vision place after almost 1 hour and a half of testing...

Regular wearers gets this feeling?



Aug 22, 2012 at 08:10 PM
Wobble
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · To eyeglass wearers, question


I have worn glasses forever and when I get a new set, sometimes I feel skeptical with my new spectacles when navigating stairs, until I get used to them. Here is a link to a quick read that addresses the situation you describe:

Link

Hope this helps knowing that it will get better shortly.



Aug 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Guari
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · To eyeglass wearers, question


Wobble wrote:
I have worn glasses forever and when I get a new set, sometimes I feel skeptical with my new spectacles when navigating stairs, until I get used to them. Here is a link to a quick read that addresses the situation you describe:

Link

Hope this helps knowing that it will get better shortly.


Yes yes, I almost ran over a lady when walking earlier today and I have that feeling one gets when looking down the edge of a very tall building.

Thank you ver much for the link. I know understand what is going on

I'm all up for it if the brain will adapt. I do not recall my vision ever being sharper than it is now with the lenses on.

Thanks!



Aug 23, 2012 at 12:03 AM
RJKphoto
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · To eyeglass wearers, question


When I was a kid andgot my first pair og glasses, I rode my bike home after picking them up, and the ground looked 10 feet away! I had to walk my bike home I was so freaked out!


Aug 23, 2012 at 01:38 AM
Guari
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · To eyeglass wearers, question


RJKphoto wrote:
When I was a kid andgot my first pair og glasses, I rode my bike home after picking them up, and the ground looked 10 feet away! I had to walk my bike home I was so freaked out!






Aug 23, 2012 at 08:17 AM
henryp
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · To eyeglass wearers, question


Guari wrote:
Do you guys feel your eyeglasses distort your field of view?


It gets better. I have the no-line bifocals after wearing single-prescription lenses for decades. Took me a year to adjust. My biggest issues were going down (not up) stairs and the tunnel-vision feeling I couldn't look at anything out of the corner of my eye. Try swiveling your whole head to center something in your field of view on a crowded NYC subway platform.

Also, my nearsightedness wasn't really too bad until recently so I often shoot with no glasses, especially if the camera's finder has built-in diopter correction. But I cannot see a single control or read one letter of the LCD panel w/out reading glasses.

I'd say it's a pain in the butt but I think my pains there come from other age-related issues. :-)

Henry Posner
henryp@bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video



Aug 29, 2012 at 05:34 PM
RJKphoto
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · To eyeglass wearers, question


henryp wrote:
It gets better. I have the no-line bifocals after wearing single-prescription lenses for decades. Took me a year to adjust. My biggest issues were going down (not up) stairs and the tunnel-vision feeling I couldn't look at anything out of the corner of my eye. Try swiveling your whole head to center something in your field of view on a crowded NYC subway platform.

Also, my nearsightedness wasn't really too bad until recently so I often shoot with no glasses, especially if the camera's finder has built-in diopter correction. But I cannot see a single control or read one letter
...Show more

It's good to know I'm not alone! I still try to lift my head to see things up close, even when the glasses are off!



Aug 30, 2012 at 12:02 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · To eyeglass wearers, question


It definitely gets better. Try escalators with new glasses.. WHOA! Have had glasses for 45 years now, bifocals for the last 4


Aug 30, 2012 at 04:02 PM
Guari
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · To eyeglass wearers, question


Good to know guys and thanks for sharing, I'm slightly bonding with my glasses, step by step


Aug 30, 2012 at 04:54 PM
Theconejo
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · To eyeglass wearers, question


Not only is new glasses syndrome alarming, any time I switch from glasses to contacts, especially if it's been a while, I get similar issues.

I feel very disheartened when I have to use viewfinders and I don't have contacts in. Although that hasn't happened in many years because of lcd's.



Aug 30, 2012 at 06:18 PM
Glenn Kendall
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · To eyeglass wearers, question


At the risk of going OT on this, perhaps, OT thread, in reading this discussion I got to thinking about Henry's comment about shooting w/o glasses but being unable to read the LCD and other controls w/o glasses. That's my situation also. It occurred to me that having a monocle handy might be a solution for that. So I just ordered a +3 monocle to experiment with. So, Guari, your question sparked a discussion that spaked a thought that might be a solution to a problem. Thanks!


Sep 21, 2012 at 04:41 PM
Kenj8246
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · To eyeglass wearers, question


As has been mentioned, it gets better with time. Been 'four-eyed' for a while now but STILL do not wear my glasses when shooting. Just can't seem to get the hang of that.

Kenny



Sep 21, 2012 at 08:06 PM
samuellucas
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · To eyeglass wearers, question


Try to check if the prescribed lenses still your actual eye lenses needs.

Cheers,
Samuel



Nov 14, 2012 at 08:55 AM





FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password