Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Need help getting the Sekonic L358 and D800 to match...

jmcelvoy

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Need help getting the Sekonic L358 and D800 to match...

Was on a shoot last night with my new D800 and noticed that every time I metered the ambient with my Sekonic L358, it was about 2 stops off. If the meter said 1/500th @ f2.8, I'd have to shoot around 1/1200-1/1600th to get proper exposure. Proper exposure was tested by breaking out my PhotoVision Digital Target (http://www.photovisionvideo.com/digital-targets/) and checking the histogram for proper exposure. This morning I tweaked the L358 to +1 exposure and the shots are coming up almost exactly 1 stop under-exposed. If I double up my ISO (going from 100 to 200) or halve my shutter speed (dropping from 1/200th to 1/100th) my Digital Target/Histogram shows dead on exposure. Making sure this wasn't a problem with the D800, I got out my D7000 to see what settings it would give me in the exact same conditions. Again, with my L358 at +1, it was 1 stop under-exposed. Doubling the ISO or Halving the shutter speed gave me perfect exposure. My question is, the L358 will only allow me to go to +1 compensation. Can I send this in to have it recalibrated? Do I just accept this and know that I have to always add +1 exposure in the camera from what the L358 says? Thoughts?

Aug 22, 2012 at 01:17 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password