New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Mk IV discontinued

litepixels
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mk IV discontinued

Aloha everyone.
Brief Intro to this forum .... I've been a Canon shooter for a couple of decades and on the FM since 03. I work in Media and shoot a variety of subjects mostly on a mild deadline.

I'm checking in here b/c I have a 1d mk IV that's been up for sale on the FM gear pages and just today heard from my local dealer that the Mk IV is now out of production and no longer available. The Canon direct sell sight seems to verify that too with no inventory available.

I was heading to sell my Mk IV to aid the purchase of a 1DX that is on its way, but if this is true then I will probably hang on to it rather than sell.

Have any of you here heard this same pitch, that the 1d Mk IV's are gone from new sales now?
Thanks for your indulgence,

Aloha

David

Aug 20, 2012 at 05:25 PM
rprouty
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mk IV discontinued

They're gone. I found a like new one for sale here and bought it.

Rod

Aug 20, 2012 at 05:35 PM
WiredMike
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mk IV discontinued

For what it's worth. B&H has been showing discontinued for some time now.,

Aug 20, 2012 at 05:37 PM
litepixels
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mk IV discontinued

Thanks. Hadn't had a reason to look anywhere and I have to admit to being a little surprised.
Well. I'll just ride out the wave and see if anyone grabs mine. If not, I'll hang on to it and use it and the 1dx when it gets here. Just heard it's been released so I'm guessing about a week.

Aug 20, 2012 at 06:34 PM
timbop
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Mk IV discontinued

You live in paradise, so I can understand why you don't sit in front of a computer keeping up on the petty arguments here. I live in Jersey, so....

Aug 20, 2012 at 06:49 PM
onegreatcity
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Mk IV discontinued

timbop wrote:
You live in paradise, so I can understand why you don't sit in front of a computer keeping up on the petty arguments here. I live in Jersey, so....

Aug 20, 2012 at 07:53 PM
mogud
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Mk IV discontinued

When Canon announced that the 1D IV was discontinued, I found a new one at my local Canon dealer and bought it. I had been looking and debating for some time. The 1D IV was his last one in stock. I got it for a great price and I couldn't be happier.

Aug 20, 2012 at 11:18 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.