New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 5D3 books

dave chilvers
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 5D3 books

Any suggestions on a 5d3 book, something that covers more than just the standard manual. I just looked on Amazon and there are quite a lot to choose from so thought I`d see what you guys/gals read.

Thanks

Aug 16, 2012 at 01:46 PM
jstntym
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 5D3 books

dave chilvers wrote:
Any suggestions on a 5d3 book, something that covers more than just the standard manual. I just looked on Amazon and there are quite a lot to choose from so thought I`d see what you guys/gals read.

Thanks

I currently have installed Douglas Klostermans E-book on the 5D MkIII on Kindle for PC's. I just purchased Canon's EOS 5D MkIII Digital Fieid Guide by Charlotte Lowrie which is imo a great paperback. What her book elaborates more on is Live View mode. Since Dan posted some info with a link to his site on LV use it's opened up some new doors for me. Both the E-book and Charlotte's book are great references and I would recommend them. Myself, I like her paperback a little more because I don't need a computer to read it!

Aug 16, 2012 at 05:10 PM
dave chilvers
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 5D3 books

jstntym wrote:
I currently have installed Douglas Klostermans E-book on the 5D MkIII on Kindle for PC's. I just purchased Canon's EOS 5D MkIII Digital Fieid Guide by Charlotte Lowrie which is imo a great paperback. What her book elaborates more on is Live View mode. Since Dan posted some info with a link to his site on LV use it's opened up some new doors for me. Both the E-book and Charlotte's book are great references and I would recommend them. Myself, I like her paperback a little more because I don't need a computer to read it!

Thanks

I just downloaded Douglas J Klostermans to my Kindle and to my netbook. quite cheap really considering you can download it to many devices.

cheers

Dave

Aug 16, 2012 at 06:46 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 5D3 books

Don't have a 5D3 yet but soon, I did the same as others and got DJK's e-book from amazon, have it on my pc, kindle fire and galaxy nexus...just to get ready for xmas...it's not an advanced text but is a good start and at $10

Aug 16, 2012 at 08:46 PM
Todd Klassy
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 5D3 books

Not sure why you would need anything more than just the manual...

Aug 16, 2012 at 08:52 PM
Chumma
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 5D3 books

I am not a fan of Charlotte Lowrie. I have her book on 7D, but that book discusses just ordinary stuff that you can find elsewhere, nothing extraordinary. Why spend money if you can get the same info free from the manual or from the Canon website?

Aug 16, 2012 at 08:56 PM
nelvayut
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 5D3 books

I wonder why you need and spend money for a 5D3 book aside from the manual which you can also download it for free and put it in your ipad or computer. I don't even read the whole manual of my 5D3...

Aug 16, 2012 at 09:31 PM
WesN
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 5D3 books

Canon already provides video tutorials for the features of the camera (you can even view then on the camera’s LCD).

http://learn.usa.canon.com/resources/articles/2011/on_camera_tutorials_index.shtml?categoryId=221

Wes N.

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:10 PM
jstntym
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 5D3 books

Todd Klassy wrote:

For my case, I have some bad neuro issues in the left eye from a brain bleed. And I found reading small print of the manual wears on the eye quickly so the books or the e-book is much easier to read for me. Besides that, I've always found the information from a few sources gives me different information.

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:19 PM
dave chilvers
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 5D3 books

Todd Klassy wrote:

Todd

Probably for the same reason you just answered a question with a question!!! It`s something to do

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:47 AM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 5D3 books

jstntym wrote:
For my case, I have some bad neuro issues in the left eye from a brain bleed. And I found reading small print of the manual wears on the eye quickly so the books or the e-book is much easier to read for me. Besides that, I've always found the information from a few sources gives me different information.

+1

Aug 17, 2012 at 05:50 AM
Todd Klassy
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 5D3 books

jstntym wrote:

That makes sense. But have you tried downloading the PDF copy of the manual and then zooming in to enlarge the print and reading it that way?

Aug 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM
jstntym
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 5D3 books

Todd Klassy wrote:
That makes sense. But have you tried downloading the PDF copy of the manual and then zooming in to enlarge the print and reading it that way?

Not yet, but may be another idea, thanks. I did however download some tutorials on the 5D MkIII and DPP software tutorials from the Canon site. Currently I'm go to go with all info that I've amassed and just use any of them for quick reference whenever needed. I do have to from time to time go back to the AF selection information and correct menu setup. I just work with my limitations these days the best I can to make photography enjoyable. It's one of the few things I can do that doesn't require a lot of physical energy for the type of photography I'm currently doing..

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:50 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.