Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 1Dx - RRS Plates

voltaire
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · 1Dx - RRS Plates

Hi everyone! I put in an order for the RRS L bracket for the Canon 1Dx on July 17. I have yet to receive my order. When I corresponded with them late last week they said they were getting a bunch in and were going to ship me one this week. When I pinged them yesterday, the customer service person said they couldn't give me a hard date.

How long was your order before it was fulfilled? I've been a loyal RRS customer but this really has me wondering if I should be looking at alternatives. Got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Voltaire

Aug 14, 2012 at 05:19 PM
AmIgone
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · 1Dx - RRS Plates

I put my order in on 7/9/12. I received it on 8/9/12. I know of one person that put an order in on like 7/17/12 and received his before mine even shipped.

Aug 14, 2012 at 06:09 PM
jerrykur
• • • •
p.1 #3 · 1Dx - RRS Plates

I think they have had a lot of demand for L brackets for the new cameras. When I ordered one for my 5DMK3 + grip and it took about 5 weeks.

Aug 14, 2012 at 06:22 PM
voltaire
• • •
p.1 #4 · 1Dx - RRS Plates

Thanks, AmIgone, Fred, and Jerry. I appreciate it.

Aug 14, 2012 at 06:24 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Roland W
• • •
p.1 #5 · 1Dx - RRS Plates

My order went in about 6/25, and it was shipped on about 8/3. I want to add that the plate is really very nice, and that they did a great job in the overall design.

On thing about the 1DX that is new is that the front edge of the base is slightly curved along the base in the width direction. That means that there is no way to make a plate that could cup both the front and the back of the camera edges and also slide out and be attached with a different gap on the left side to accommodate various connected cables. The slide out design has been used in a lot of other Really Right Stuff Canon L plates, but would not work in this case. The two part plate they came up with is very well engineered, it cups the camera base perfectly, and it has zero slop at the joint when secured in either the close position or the extended position. An added bonus is the bottom only plate option, which is very useful for video.

I guess I am just saying the wait is worth it, and I hope yours comes soon.

Aug 14, 2012 at 10:22 PM
explorerhv
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · 1Dx - RRS Plates

don't remember when I ordered, but it was early - they had quite a few back-orders to fill due to the long delay on the 1DX

got my in 2 weeks after I got the camera

a really nice design for this one, well worth the wait...

Aug 15, 2012 at 03:38 PM
BobnJake
• • •
p.1 #7 · 1Dx - RRS Plates

Just checked, I placed my order 7/6/12 and received the plate on 8/1/12

Hope that gives you some kind of reference

Bob

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:10 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password