Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · EOS 1Ds mark II:Problems with connection between EOS 1Ds ...

Annapurna

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · EOS 1Ds mark II:Problems with connection between EOS 1Ds mark II and pc

I just got a EOS 1Ds mark II and I want to connect it to EOS Utility so I can edit certain thing in the camera. And a donīt have a Solution Disk. I can install the EOS Utility but I am not sure which version I shall use.
I have tried usb and firewire on both XP and Windows 7.
Does anyone have an idea?
Regards, Mikkelsen, Denmark

Aug 14, 2012 at 05:14 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · EOS 1Ds mark II:Problems with connection between EOS 1Ds mark II and pc

what versions of XP and 7 are you using?
if they are 64bit then you wont have any joy as there are no drivers for 64bit.

Aug 14, 2012 at 05:16 PM
marcus riley
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · EOS 1Ds mark II:Problems with connection between EOS 1Ds mark II and pc

When I had a 1d2, I had a terrible time getting the firewire to connect to my computer. Someone told me it was normal and sometimes you have to move the firewire around a little at the camera body connection, or maybe push it into the camera very firmly.

I finally pushed it really hard into the camera body and it connected. I had to hold it firmly while I changed the settings and then I never used the firewire connection again.

Aug 14, 2012 at 05:20 PM
Will Patterson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · EOS 1Ds mark II:Problems with connection between EOS 1Ds mark II and pc

Yea, you need to be running XP 32 bit, won't work in 64 bit. One of the dumber decisions Canon has made over the past couple years.

Aug 14, 2012 at 05:48 PM
Annapurna

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · EOS 1Ds mark II:Problems with connection between EOS 1Ds mark II and pc

Thanks a lot for the inputs. I run XP 32bit. No sweat.... I am looking for the software versions. I think I have to have the right combination.. !

Aug 14, 2012 at 06:03 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password