Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Leica 28mm Elmarit M ASPH Vignettng

Edwin Ho
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Leica 28mm Elmarit M ASPH Vignettng

I have tested this lens on the M9 and downloaded in LR3. At aperture f/5.6 there is almost no vignetting. However at f/8 and f/11 vignetting begin to appear. I shot the scene of the sea with the sun pretty much behind me (mid morning). Point to note also is that when I start to increase exposure level the vignetting is less obvious but it is still there.

I understand that I can download lens profile into LR3 and I need advice if there is one for this lens and where I can find it and will it help to overcome problem of vignetting.

Thank you and I look forward to any advice. Dishing out more money for the f/2 is not an option .

Aug 11, 2012 at 02:11 AM
thrice
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Leica 28mm Elmarit M ASPH Vignettng

My LR3.6 has a profile for this lens already installed.

That said, the vignetting shouldn't be that pronounced... Are you using an after-market hood, or a particularly thick filter?

Aug 11, 2012 at 02:23 AM
Edwin Ho
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Leica 28mm Elmarit M ASPH Vignettng

thrice wrote:
My LR3.6 has a profile for this lens already installed.

That said, the vignetting shouldn't be that pronounced... Are you using an after-market hood, or a particularly thick filter?

I am using LR version 3.6 and there is no profile for this lens (I have just checked again). I am using the rectangle hood that came with this lens and no filter is used.

Can someone who owns this lens and using it on M9 please point to a lens profile which I can download to LR3, thanks.

Aug 11, 2012 at 04:29 AM
Edwin Ho
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Leica 28mm Elmarit M ASPH Vignettng

I've checked again and there are only five lens profiles for Leica. The 28mm Elmarit M ASPH is not one of them. Am I missing something. I have checked for further updates but there is none.

Someone please enlighten me.

Aug 11, 2012 at 06:37 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password