Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Hahnel HC-5D Mark III Pro Battery Grip

Steven Everitt
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Hahnel HC-5D Mark III Pro Battery Grip

Hi All

I think I am about to get the green light from the Mrs and take the plunge and upgrade my 50d to the 5d III (the kids are not getting new school uniforms or shoes this year but they will survive!).

I'm a bit concerned on this focusing red light thingy issue but as I have not seen it I struggle to understand if it is really a problem or not - I have extensively read all the post here and it seems for the few that find it a problem many don't.

Anyway, my real questions that I would really appreciate any feedback on is whether any one has the Hahnel HC-5D Mark III Pro Battery Grip for the 5d III and if so how does it feel and work? I will definitely get a grip as I prefer to have the extra versatility for holding the camera and button set up. I have to say, I am usually a brand person when it come to my camera equipment so this would be a big move to go for a third party unit for me, Canon grip 329, Hahnel 99.95 so this is what has got me thinking! I am prepared to cancel Christmas for the kids as well to go the Canon route but any advice for and against the grips would really help me out.

Thank you in anticipation.

Steven

Aug 10, 2012 at 09:39 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Hahnel HC-5D Mark III Pro Battery Grip

Steven, as much as I like to save a pound or 2 I will say if I was in your shoes I would get the canon grip.

Reports in here are it's the best grip canon have made in ages. It like previous 5D grips (and 7D I think) is made from the same material as the body , which is not like the grip for your current 50D

So my bet would be that you spend 100 on an inferior grip now and then a while down the line you will cave and get the real thing.

And anyway I'm sue the kids don't need Xmas

Aug 10, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Steven Everitt
• • •
p.1 #3 · Hahnel HC-5D Mark III Pro Battery Grip

Thanks Ian for your thoughts!! Good to know of the build quality as I was wondering what you get for all the extra dollar! Think I would be silly to do anything else at this stage.

Thanks again

Aug 10, 2012 at 08:24 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password