Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Usain Bolt olympic photos

snapsy
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Usain Bolt olympic photos

I don't ever post in this forum so sorry for the intrusion but this panned image from Getty of Usain Bolt just blew me away:

http://horshack.smugmug.com/Animals/My-Dog-Manchester-Terrier/i-Zg2kxTT/1/XL/dog262-XL.jpg

Full article:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2186096/London-Olympics-2012-Now-thats-photo-finish-Usain-Bolt-grabs-camera-snaps-historic-frame-greatest-Olympic-sprinter.html

Edited on Aug 10, 2012 at 06:48 PM · View previous versions

Aug 09, 2012 at 08:43 PM
clarence3
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Usain Bolt olympic photos

You did a great job with that one.

Aug 09, 2012 at 09:21 PM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Usain Bolt olympic photos

clarence3 wrote:
You did a great job with that one.

Haha, I wish it were mine

Aug 09, 2012 at 09:27 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Usain Bolt olympic photos

wow just awesome and on so many levels!
1. great shot you got there
2. great kicks you got to run along and keep even with him to sweep the background out like that

snapsy, a man of many secrets and many talents

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:41 AM
Ed Peters
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Usain Bolt olympic photos

Not cool to post another's photo, even when acknowledged.

Aug 10, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Geoffrey Bolte
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Usain Bolt olympic photos

Well you did break a forum rule in posting the image. The image must be yours.... Great image but when its not yours you need to link to it. Sorry!

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:21 PM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Usain Bolt olympic photos

Ed Peters wrote:
Not cool to post another's photo, even when acknowledged.

Why is that? Even for the purposes of artistic review rather than unlicensed commerical reuse?

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:40 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Usain Bolt olympic photos

Forum rule. You just have to link to it and not embed it to remove all ambiguity.

On topic though... I think it's just okay. Not taking anything away from the photographer and it's a decent frame, but I have seen stuff from the olympics that are jaw dropping and this is NOT one of them. The BG even with the panned bokeh is flat and drab along with the overall lighting.

Aug 10, 2012 at 02:47 PM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Usain Bolt olympic photos

P Alesse wrote:
Forum rule. You just have to link to it and not embed it to remove all ambiguity.

Understood on the rule, thanks.

Aug 10, 2012 at 04:21 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Usain Bolt olympic photos

It was pretty obviously stated that he didn't take it himself. But we have like 10 posts on forum rules and 2 post on appreciating a great shot.

Aug 10, 2012 at 05:28 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Usain Bolt olympic photos

skibum5 wrote:
It was pretty obviously stated that he didn't take it himself. But we have like 10 posts on forum rules and 2 post on appreciating a great shot.

Hmmm. I count 2 posts appreciating the shot and 3 related to forum rules. And your first post seems to give him credit for taking the shot (unless I'm just missing your tounge-in-cheek intention), despite it being "pretty obviously stated that he didn't take it himself," which it's not. The great thing about the rule is that it should eliminate the need for debate!

Aug 10, 2012 at 05:58 PM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Usain Bolt olympic photos

I've corrected my rule violation by replacing the Usain Bolt photograph with an action photograph from my own collection, a photo which is obviously just as good

Aug 10, 2012 at 06:50 PM
Scott Sewell
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Usain Bolt olympic photos

Again, as has been said, not to take anything away from the photographer, but of all the incredible images that have come from the games over the last two weeks, this isn't one that blew me away.

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:19 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Usain Bolt olympic photos

Russ Isabella wrote:
Hmmm. I count 2 posts appreciating the shot and 3 related to forum rules. And your first post seems to give him credit for taking the shot (unless I'm just missing your tounge-in-cheek intention), despite it being "pretty obviously stated that he didn't take it himself," which it's not. The great thing about the rule is that it should eliminate the need for debate!

considering that my second comment praised him for matching Bolt's speed , while taking a photo no less , I thought it was obvious i was joking anyway, whatever, it's been fixed up in the OP at this point

anyway I still think it's a really cool shot just gets the raw power told, for all those who haven't run serious track, you just need something to try to get across just how fast beyond fast this is and i think this gets it across well

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:28 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Usain Bolt olympic photos

I just noticed that NJ Star Ledger went with this as their main featured front page Friday sports photo (women's soccer got the front page of the paper primary shot).
I know everyone here hates it but I think it looks pretty wicked dominating almost the entire top half of the sports page, it prints well in newsprint.

Aug 10, 2012 at 09:14 PM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Usain Bolt olympic photos

skibum5 wrote:
I just noticed that NJ Star Ledger went with this as their main featured front page Friday sports photo (women's soccer got the front page of the paper primary shot).
I know everyone here hates it but I think it looks pretty wicked dominating almost the entire top half of the sports page, it prints well in newsprint.

It may not be the "best" panned sports photo taken during this year's Olympics but everyone I've showed it to, mostly non-photographers, has been awestruck by the photograph.

Aug 10, 2012 at 09:48 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.