http://www.alexandresaveliev.com/alex/j.jpg
http://www.alexandresaveliev.com/alex/j3.jpg
http://www.alexandresaveliev.com/alex/j1.jpg

Aug 09, 2012 at 03:39 PM
smackem
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Model on rocks

Lovely model and you captured her very well. I like them all apart from the crop at her knee/foot in the first image and the city skyline does detract a little from the main subject.

Thanks for posting them....

Aug 09, 2012 at 04:28 PM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Model on rocks

Nice...what was done in 3 that was not done in 4....BG processing is pretty distracting to my eye in number 3....What camera and lens

Aug 09, 2012 at 05:26 PM
kino
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Model on rocks

Canon 5d mark2 70-200. Profoto strobelight.

Aug 09, 2012 at 06:02 PM
markperez
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Model on rocks

the model sure does rock

Aug 09, 2012 at 07:28 PM
knox
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Model on rocks

The post work on the background in 1 and 3 is horrible (also the building not being straight is bothersome). I assume the over-sharpening is just on the jpg? Many of the shots at your site have bad distortion / over-sharpening artifacts as well (VERY distracting) . . . not going to help you get work, so I would work on jpg conversions if you are seeking work from the net. Basically, I would agree with the comment above . . . the model is happening, the photos are not on par.

Aug 09, 2012 at 08:58 PM
kino
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Model on rocks

Yes, Looked at your website as well ......................

Aug 09, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Model on rocks

kino wrote:

Kino you have some beautiful work on your site....Like your style.

This place is absurd sometimes......

Iron sharpens iron......Around here though iron stabs flesh

Aug 09, 2012 at 10:26 PM
lukeb
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Model on rocks

markperez wrote:
the model sure does rock

OUCH!

Aug 09, 2012 at 10:30 PM
oxman

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Model on rocks

I agree with Knox. Excessive post. Just because you can does not mean you should. nice lighting and pose

Aug 10, 2012 at 03:30 AM
ESC in KC
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Model on rocks

But wait - she IS pretty!?! I thought if the model was pretty that meant that the photo is amazing excellent beautiful and stunning on this forum?? This is just so confusing.

In all seriousness, I think these are good. I agree with Michael - your style is nice and I also saw lots of really good images on your website.

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:55 AM
Andreas Olsson
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Model on rocks

Its a very good looking model and good shot except..
the city in the background 1,3,4 is too much it feels distracting.

But keep up the good work

Aug 10, 2012 at 08:07 AM
davenfl
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Model on rocks

With a small amount of additional PP I love all these images. Never know what to expect as to comments on this forum but from my perspective you really hit a home run with the handling of the color/contrast; obviously the model is terrific. Based upon the fact that her outfit could easily blend into the rocks you handled yourself brilliantly IMO. Lighting wise I might bring it down just a very small bit. As to 3/4 the buildings add nothing to the images, quite to the contrary. Cropping out the top part of the images adds considerably as shown in 1.

Dave

Aug 10, 2012 at 08:20 AM
EL_PIC

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Model on rocks

Nice Model and shots ..
I would have her barefoot on the rocks and maybe take out that monster
cement city by view and or PS.
Neither shoes or city belong there.

Aug 10, 2012 at 08:31 AM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Model on rocks

1 - Nice, not crazy about the crop on her foot/knee.
2 - Sweet.
3 - Not diggin the harsh processing here.
4 - Processing much more to my liking, but I like her head direction in 3 better. Consider cloning out the pole above her head and the red leaf on the sand.

Aug 10, 2012 at 09:01 AM
kino
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Model on rocks

Beauty in the eyes of beholder.
I want to thank everybody on taking time and looking at my work and also writhing your opinion about it.
In this competitive world of fashion and other kind of photography today so I am trying different things and as you see different kind of editing of my images.
I live and work in New York and that was a reason of the city on the background. I didn't try to take pictures that look like they was taken somewhere at the beach near the ocean.
Originally I planed to shoot in some other spot where you could see even more city and part of the Brooklyn bridge, but when we got there water was to high. So I had no choice and shot at that spot.
When you take documentary photography and capture what ever happening somewhere, and if you can get pictures which look good, your achievement in this case is ability to be in right place in a right time and technically be able to frame, expose and capture your image.
Some people here said nice model but I am suck and didn't have anything to do with creating this images look nice.
Maybe, but don't you think that to get in front of your lens model from 10 top model agency in the world it's already an achievement as you as a creator of this images. ( try to get one and say after that it was easy or cheap) Plus to put together all team of hear stylist, makeup artist, wardrobe stylist, assistant. And actually in this case everybody worked without compensation together because they wanted to have pictures made by you.
But anyway thank you for feedback it was important for me.

Aug 10, 2012 at 09:53 AM
knox
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Model on rocks

kino wrote:

I guess you are making some under handed dig . . . . . grow up man . . you ask for input on your photos. So have the balls to take it. (one) I was trying to help you see that your jpg conversion is not happening to AGAIN help you. (two) that you over did the background IMV and it is very distracting. Simple enough and it's JUST my opinion. btw, I shoot ONLY for myself . . if you don't like what I do, it's perfectly cool. Especially seeing how that website is from 2006 and my style is totally different now. Nor am I trying to get validation for my work by posting at a site asking for input or 'just' looking for pats on the back . . then when people say something I don't like, I go after them. I too am from NYC, so I simply speak directly, seems you would be used to it.

Aug 10, 2012 at 10:16 AM
jerbear00
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Model on rocks

Um wow

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Edward Rotberg
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Model on rocks

Are these photos intentionally dutched? If so, you've chosen too slight an angle, IMHO. If not, please straighten them using the buildings verticals as a guide.

Also the first image has something dark & distracting along the right edge. Cropping or cloning would fix this.

Other than that, I quite like the set, with the juxtaposition of the rocks & buildings, it give it a unique, urban feel.

= Ed =

Aug 13, 2012 at 04:05 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.