New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Marrissa in Red

stan_r
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Marrissa in Red

This is high school senior Marrissa. We had a blast and this young lady is one unique senior. Thanks for looking!

Aug 08, 2012 at 10:26 PM
markperez
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Marrissa in Red

can't say I like the poses in the 1st and 3rd photos and the hand/arm position in 4 and 5 but the lighting is nice in all of them and 2 and 6 are great

Aug 08, 2012 at 10:52 PM
HawksFan66
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Marrissa in Red

Love that last one!

Aug 10, 2012 at 10:47 AM
cmillc22
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Marrissa in Red

6 is a great shot and 2 being an awesome shot.

Aug 13, 2012 at 04:04 PM
Dave_E
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Marrissa in Red

1b and 3a for me very nice.

Dave

Aug 13, 2012 at 08:43 PM
Jonathan Huynh
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Marrissa in Red

Pretty face.
love the last one!

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:43 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Marrissa in Red

Your off camera flash images pale far in comparison to your naturally lit images (or your OCF is very inconsistent). I think 1a/b is a great example - the hard shadows of an unflattering, diffusionless (or poorly diffused - i assume hotshoe flash on a stick?) light does not flatter your subject at all for a, whereas the gorgeous soft light, flattering angle and tones in b are high caliber work (the opt out of a bold lipstick colour doesn't hurt either). I would work on the consistency of your flash work for future images - 1b compared to 2 look like completely different photographers took them.

Aug 14, 2012 at 08:47 AM
Ed Peters
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Marrissa in Red

With the possible exception of the first two images (forehead/cheeks a touch hot) excellent lighting and what appears to be a very relaxed subject. I'd keep her number handy if you ever have the need for product or scenario model.. tks. for sharing

Aug 14, 2012 at 09:29 AM
hatch1921
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Marrissa in Red

Dave_E wrote:
1b and 3a for me very nice.

Dave

+1 really nice shots.

Hatch

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Born2Create

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Marrissa in Red

I also love 1b, 3a and the last shot. Beautiful girl, great smile and on a side note, I just love her hair.

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:36 PM
ESC in KC
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Marrissa in Red

Some nice stuff in there. I agree that the lighting is not very consistent. I like 1b, 3a and the last one.

Barefoot at that abandoned house in last image? Looks kind of dangerous!

Aug 14, 2012 at 02:07 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Marrissa in Red

Wish the comments made sense. Which one is #3? No numbers, some say a & b etc.
What's the point of putting 2 together (the first two, for example?) Do you want us to look at both at the same time? Is one supposed to distract from the other? (It does).

Hope this helps.

Now that I've got that out of the way, there's some really nice work here.

The first pair of shots, left - I think the shadow could be cropped away and improve the shot. She'd be larger in the frame, which would be good.
Love the hair and sharp eyes of the first pair of shots, right side. Very nice expression too.

2nd shot - She's blending into the background and the background that would have prevented that is on our left. Black against that greenish background would have been nice.

3rd set of shots, upper. (See how a simple # would help?)
She looks great. The arm looks large, however. Maybe without the arm to the head would be even better.
Lower shot - She's very centered in this one and also very small. She's the star of the show, so she should be larger in the frame. Minimize the background when you can and maximize her.

Last shot. She has a great smile in this one. It does show her as heavier than she is, however. So not flattering.

Again, some really nice stuff. Take the comments as minor points to consider for next time.

Aug 14, 2012 at 02:29 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.